Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Hi Robin, Lee

Posted by Rick R on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013099)

I sure hope I didn't depress anyone by sharing the 16 year legacy! I believe that the recovery started when I started to do the right things. Had I started to take those steps 16 years ago I may have been better in months rather than years. That's what's so positive about this site.

I am curious that taping didn't work for Robin. What technique are you using? Without many details, basicaly what I do is start with a gauze, then tape as you would for a sprained ankle. I make sure I tape the arch up tightly near the heel 3 - 4 good times around. I go around the ankle to keep the whole thing in place. Regular athletic tape didn't work for me, I just couldn't get enough tension without breaking it. I use 11 mil duct tape. Even the wimpy duct tape isn't strong enough. I do think that since this restricts movement it places a premium on stretching when not taped. I'd be glad to share the other details if you are interested. Lots of luck and may all of your pain in the next few days be caused by excessive consumption in celebration of Thanksgiving.

Elise M on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013213)

I found your comments on taping very interesting. I am a new PF sufferer only having it since June of this year. I know very little about it and would like to hear more. I am so discouraged now. I limp constantly and cannot find any rest. I've tried every nsaid known to man, ice/heat, innersoles, arch supports. What else should I be trying? Any help you can give me would be deeply appreciated. I can't wait to run again. Thanks,

El

Elise M on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013213)

I found your comments on taping very interesting. I am a new PF sufferer only having it since June of this year. I know very little about it and would like to hear more. I am so discouraged now. I limp constantly and cannot find any rest. I've tried every nsaid known to man, ice/heat, innersoles, arch supports. What else should I be trying? Any help you can give me would be deeply appreciated. I can't wait to run again. Thanks,

El