Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Looking for Good Tennis/Exercise Shoes

Posted by Libby on 11/24/99 at 00:00 (013121)

My PF is really improving and I would like to find some really good shoes for walking and doing some high but mostly low impact aerobics. I really want to protect/pad my feet so as not to cause injury again. My podiatrist said I could eventually jog again but I will be satisfied to walk and do aerobics in my living room. Since athletic shoes are so expensive I want to get a good brand. Whenever I go to the store to look at them, I'm overwhelmed by the prices and the selection and usually give up! If I find good shoes should I wear inserts in them also? Could someone suggest a good pair of athletic shoes? Thanks, Libby

Re: Looking for Good Tennis/Exercise Shoes

Becky R. on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013124)

Libby,
First of all, what steps did you take to see an improvement in your pf? I too am in search of a good shoe, in fact I was shopping tonight and the salesperson recommended a New Balance style 852. I don't know anything except it is supposed to be good for pf and over pronation. They were sold out of the shoe and I'll be shopping Friday at the store he recommended. I am going to a well known running shoe store in Cincinnati Friday. I'll let you know what I find. I have been wearing Aasics with Duomax. They have a great line too. Go to a good athletic shoe store and find someone that knows about pf, they can help. You will probably have to spend $85 or more, at least that's been my experience.

Becky

Judy T on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013130)

I have been wearing New Balance 800's and find them very comfortable. I do wear them with my orthotics.

Nancy M on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013133)

I wear New Balance 990's with my orthotics. I put my orthotics under the removable footbed.

Lucy M on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013195)

My podiatrist recommended Reebok DMX. I have 2 pairs now and they're wonderful. They have a bunch of air pockets that provide a lot of cushioning, and have removable insoles to accomodate orthotics. The Just for Feet website has a lot of styles, most of which are cheaper than in their stores.

Becky R. on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013124)

Libby,
First of all, what steps did you take to see an improvement in your pf? I too am in search of a good shoe, in fact I was shopping tonight and the salesperson recommended a New Balance style 852. I don't know anything except it is supposed to be good for pf and over pronation. They were sold out of the shoe and I'll be shopping Friday at the store he recommended. I am going to a well known running shoe store in Cincinnati Friday. I'll let you know what I find. I have been wearing Aasics with Duomax. They have a great line too. Go to a good athletic shoe store and find someone that knows about pf, they can help. You will probably have to spend $85 or more, at least that's been my experience.

Becky

Judy T on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013130)

I have been wearing New Balance 800's and find them very comfortable. I do wear them with my orthotics.

Nancy M on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013133)

I wear New Balance 990's with my orthotics. I put my orthotics under the removable footbed.

Lucy M on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013195)

My podiatrist recommended Reebok DMX. I have 2 pairs now and they're wonderful. They have a bunch of air pockets that provide a lot of cushioning, and have removable insoles to accomodate orthotics. The Just for Feet website has a lot of styles, most of which are cheaper than in their stores.