Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Some Good News!

Posted by Stuart B on 11/25/99 at 00:00 (013126)

Hello everyone, I thought it time I shared my successes with you all. My feet are getting better! I had surgery about 3mths ago on the right and that is much better, not 100% but maybe 75%. My left is still sore but was never as bad as the right. I have stopped taking NSAIDS on advice from this board. This in itself is real progress as 12mths ago I could not dream of this and would get panicy even if I started to run low on my supply (NSAID junky?!). I can't walk very far and definitelt can't run, but it is now getting better rather than worse. All the advice and support from this site has helped enormously, thanks everyone. Hope the good news gives some hope in all this frustration and pain.

Re: Some Good News!

Rick R on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013205)

Congrats! I didn't even dare try running for 6 months after surgery. I didn't push it to any regular frequency for 1 year. Then and now I took all of my pre-surgery precautions such as taping. I can in no way say I am 100% 3 years after the surgery. I can say that I am 100% certian I made the right decision and had first rate work done. I think folks need to accept that like getting a knee or back cut on you shouldn't expect to see 100% ever again. I think some of the expressions of disatifaction with surgery come from an expectation that they can be 100%. I also considered my surgery to be addressing a symptom or result of a problem and not removing the cause. It was a fairly clean start to move on applying the many lessons learned about my bodys vulnerability to PF. I think if I intended to live a sedentary life I may well consider the corrected heel to be 100%. Good luck!

Re: Some Good News!

Rick R on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013205)

Congrats! I didn't even dare try running for 6 months after surgery. I didn't push it to any regular frequency for 1 year. Then and now I took all of my pre-surgery precautions such as taping. I can in no way say I am 100% 3 years after the surgery. I can say that I am 100% certian I made the right decision and had first rate work done. I think folks need to accept that like getting a knee or back cut on you shouldn't expect to see 100% ever again. I think some of the expressions of disatifaction with surgery come from an expectation that they can be 100%. I also considered my surgery to be addressing a symptom or result of a problem and not removing the cause. It was a fairly clean start to move on applying the many lessons learned about my bodys vulnerability to PF. I think if I intended to live a sedentary life I may well consider the corrected heel to be 100%. Good luck!