Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hot wax

Posted by john h on 11/26/99 at 00:00 (013159)

have any of you ever tried dipping your feet or foot into one the vats of hot wax that people with arthritis use for their hands? my wife has one and i think i will see what happens. for your hand you just dip your hand in the small tub of melted wax which dries rather quickly once you remove it but continues to provide a deep heat until the wax cools and then chips back off into the vat.

Re: hot wax

Bea K on 11/27/99 at 00:00 (013164)

I have been using the wax for about 3 months and find it is helpful and soothing. However I don't have PF, just a torn achilles tendon, Achilles tendonitis & bursitis & heel spur, but since you already have the machine try it. Between the wax, ibprofen creme and icing I am getting by,, but not curing anything.

Re: hot wax

Bea K on 11/27/99 at 00:00 (013164)

I have been using the wax for about 3 months and find it is helpful and soothing. However I don't have PF, just a torn achilles tendon, Achilles tendonitis & bursitis & heel spur, but since you already have the machine try it. Between the wax, ibprofen creme and icing I am getting by,, but not curing anything.