Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Is it PF? & comment on indomethacin

Posted by Rick R on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013200)

Bryan,

Welcome to the club. It sounds like you have a better handle on what's going on than the first few doctors I went to did. I was a 30+ mile a week runner when this thing got me. Now 16 years later with a lot of precautions( tape etc.) and changes to how I run I am back to 15 - 30 miles a week. What struck a chord in your posting was the up hill comment. When going up hill you stretch more since your feet must make a sharper angle, relative to your shins, unless you want to fall down. Have you changed a flat tire lately, or done a similar task that causes you to strech similarly? Those are real killers.

I had good results from indomethacin but also found that my stomach couldn't handle it. I discovered that only taking the dose before bed got the same results without any ill affects, that I was aware of or awake for. Also the main purpose of the anti-inflamitories is to allow the natural healing process to take place. I am of the opinion that to take them while you are still irritating the heels is pointless. I would also suggest that once you take it, do your massage, ice or whatever, stay off your feet at all costs. The key, in my opinion, is to get the maximum mileage from the down time at night.
Good luck!

john h on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013206)

my doctor said to take the cebrex 'when i need it' not every day. sort of fits in with your thoughts.

john h on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013206)

my doctor said to take the cebrex 'when i need it' not every day. sort of fits in with your thoughts.