Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hi to all..

Posted by Lee M on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013210)

I read your posts regarding the thumper, I'm glad some of you took my advice. I did try some of the other hand held devices but none of them were as strong as the thumper, Huge difference. So you might compare when you get the cheaper one. AFter I use the thumper my foot and leg tingles all the way up to my thigh. It also feels great on your back. The only problem is getting someone to hold it there.
The big problem with this thumper thing is I'm a slave to massaging my foot now. I'm so afrraid of getting pain back. I missed two days and my arch was really stiff in the morning. I guess its better than pain. I've really felt like I have my life back. I hope all of you can get rid of this awful monster. I've never had anything impact my lifestyle as much as this has. Such a small illness with such a huge impact. It doesn't make sense.

Re: Hi to all..

rekha.s on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013228)

hi, I bought the generic version of thumper. At first I was thinking that it might not perform the same way, but the shape is exactly like the picture on website and it has percussion power (meaning it is very deep tissue massage). It has three different types of head attachments with different densities and after I am done massaging, I feel the blood flow and muscles contracting. I think it pretty much mimics the name brand, but I havent used that so I cant tell. but its cheaper and with holidays near, its affordable for me.

thanks for your advice on the thumper.....i hope it makes a difference for me, as I am in intense pain and my physical therapist just discharged me saying there is nothing else he can do for me.

I have one question: did you also use thumper to massage your arch area also? I have lot of knots/tender spots in that area also. Did you? thanks!

Re: Hi to all..

rekha.s on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013228)

hi, I bought the generic version of thumper. At first I was thinking that it might not perform the same way, but the shape is exactly like the picture on website and it has percussion power (meaning it is very deep tissue massage). It has three different types of head attachments with different densities and after I am done massaging, I feel the blood flow and muscles contracting. I think it pretty much mimics the name brand, but I havent used that so I cant tell. but its cheaper and with holidays near, its affordable for me.

thanks for your advice on the thumper.....i hope it makes a difference for me, as I am in intense pain and my physical therapist just discharged me saying there is nothing else he can do for me.

I have one question: did you also use thumper to massage your arch area also? I have lot of knots/tender spots in that area also. Did you? thanks!