Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How long does it take????????

Posted by Marti C on 11/29/99 at 00:00 (013218)

I purchased my first pair of Arizona Birkenstocks. I have been wearing them in the house a few hours at a time. They feel really hard, my toes hurt ( I guess thats from the new gripping action)but the arch does feel good. How long does it take for these to feel good? By the way dont put too much stock into the speciality stores. I emailed the company and they strongly suggested I go to the nearest one. We drove 110 miles round trip and she fitted me wrong. Thankfully, I found a local store nearby that had a small selection of the Arizonas and was fitted correctely. (I hope) Its hard to tell with these shoes because they hurt right now!!!!! Any info would be helpful. Thanks again!

Re: How long does it take????????

Libby on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013245)

Marti, it took me about 1 1/2 weeks to get used to my Florida Birks which have 3 straps instead of two. Now they feel sooo good! I'm always dying to get out of any other shoes I'm wearing and get back into my Birks. I only have two pairs but would love to be able to afford more. I can walk without pain with them! I don't have to curl my toes at all so your pair may be too big or the straps may need tightening. Good luck! Libby

Jenny L on 12/01/99 at 00:00 (013261)

Hi Marti

It varies! what a helpful answer ;-)

I have several pairs now, one closed pair took hardly any time at all to get used to, another closed pair took a weerk or two, one of the pairs of sandals took about 2 weeks, and the last pair of sandals I got were nearly returned.... took about 5 or 6 weeks. Then suddenly one day they felt fine. I'm wearing them right now in fact, and can hardly believe they were so difficult at first. Don't know why, the fit was ok, they were comfortable until I tried to walk in them! They are Milano, like the Arizona but with a strap round the back.

Good luck with them, it is worth persevering.

jl

Libby on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013245)

Marti, it took me about 1 1/2 weeks to get used to my Florida Birks which have 3 straps instead of two. Now they feel sooo good! I'm always dying to get out of any other shoes I'm wearing and get back into my Birks. I only have two pairs but would love to be able to afford more. I can walk without pain with them! I don't have to curl my toes at all so your pair may be too big or the straps may need tightening. Good luck! Libby

Jenny L on 12/01/99 at 00:00 (013261)

Hi Marti

It varies! what a helpful answer ;-)

I have several pairs now, one closed pair took hardly any time at all to get used to, another closed pair took a weerk or two, one of the pairs of sandals took about 2 weeks, and the last pair of sandals I got were nearly returned.... took about 5 or 6 weeks. Then suddenly one day they felt fine. I'm wearing them right now in fact, and can hardly believe they were so difficult at first. Don't know why, the fit was ok, they were comfortable until I tried to walk in them! They are Milano, like the Arizona but with a strap round the back.

Good luck with them, it is worth persevering.

jl