Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for all the feedback./ Dr. refused MRI request.

Posted by Jane B. on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013241)

I am really mad. I went to the new orthopedic I starting seeing for a knee problem that has developed because of long term PF. It was my 2nd visit and what do ya know I got to see the assistant instead of the doctor. That assistant stuff is a bunch of crap. They are billing a doctors visit to insurance but never saw him. When I asked about MRI he said it wouldn't be an accurate reading because I am post surgery and the results would be confusing. I disagree completely.
The MRI would at least show what it looks like at this point regardless of surgery or not. And if it doesn't show any valuable results, then so be it, but at least try it. This guy also said lets discuss the foot problems on a later date because today you are here for your knee. Well, Drrr it doesn't take much to figure out the two are connected. If you help the feet maybe the knee will improve. Are there any Doctors out there that treat the body as a whole. This guy obviously doesn't give a hoot that I gave up my profession and have suffered for the last 6 years. If he cared he would have ordered the MRI as a lets give it a shot idea. I am going to go to another doctor and tell them I want an MRI. Thanks all for the responses and for listening to me let off steam...What a great site this is.

Re: Thanks for all the feedback./ Dr. refused MRI request.

Dan W on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013248)

I cant get the doctors to give me one either, its almost like theyre afraid to discover the truth. It seems as though they cant be bothered by a patient who knows after being in pain for six years, that there is something going on down there that an MRI just might show! The insentitive bastards.

Re: Thanks for all the feedback./ Dr. refused MRI request.

Dan W on 11/30/99 at 00:00 (013248)

I cant get the doctors to give me one either, its almost like theyre afraid to discover the truth. It seems as though they cant be bothered by a patient who knows after being in pain for six years, that there is something going on down there that an MRI just might show! The insentitive bastards.