Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

spenco inserts didn't work for me

Posted by rekha.s on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013282)

I originally tried spenco inserts when my doc recommended em. I found them too rigid, now I wear heel cushions in addition to the insert and am waiting for my custom orthotics.

Re: spenco inserts didn't work for me

terri p on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013294)

I am still researching about spencos among other products. I am still reluctant to purchase one thinking my feet are a little sensitive for shoes. Are heel cushions the same as (soft) heel supports? I feel so new to this - I'm planning to rid my shoe collection (wish me luck) and only wear proper, comfortable shoes (been doing some research on the net, but my foot is not ready for shoes just yet). I've used Dr. Marten's (but just too heavy for now), and am now opting for Birkinstocks for my daily wear. Have you used the heel cushions with sandal type shoes? Just wondering. Thanks for the reply.

Stuart B on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013296)

I don't think Doc Marten's give enough support, they are very flat on the inside. Good luck with the search, I am hoping for some Birks from Santa!

terri p on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013303)

I've had a pair of Doc Marten's sandals - birkinstock style and it was great, but too heavy. So I'm looking at other options - Birkinstocks, Ecco, Rockports, etc.

Well if you've been real good - then be good to yourself, through this website: http://www.birkinstock-cn.com , I was able to get some great deals on birkinstock. Depending on where you live the exchange was $1.00 US = .50 Deutsch Mark. The currency are in Euros. My purchase of 2 pairs came up to approximately 120.00 DM which includes air shipment fees and taxes (about $60 - can't beat that!). Anyways, it's worth checking out - and no, I don't work for their marketing company : )

terri p on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013294)

I am still researching about spencos among other products. I am still reluctant to purchase one thinking my feet are a little sensitive for shoes. Are heel cushions the same as (soft) heel supports? I feel so new to this - I'm planning to rid my shoe collection (wish me luck) and only wear proper, comfortable shoes (been doing some research on the net, but my foot is not ready for shoes just yet). I've used Dr. Marten's (but just too heavy for now), and am now opting for Birkinstocks for my daily wear. Have you used the heel cushions with sandal type shoes? Just wondering. Thanks for the reply.

Stuart B on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013296)

I don't think Doc Marten's give enough support, they are very flat on the inside. Good luck with the search, I am hoping for some Birks from Santa!

terri p on 12/02/99 at 00:00 (013303)

I've had a pair of Doc Marten's sandals - birkinstock style and it was great, but too heavy. So I'm looking at other options - Birkinstocks, Ecco, Rockports, etc.

Well if you've been real good - then be good to yourself, through this website: http://www.birkinstock-cn.com , I was able to get some great deals on birkinstock. Depending on where you live the exchange was $1.00 US = .50 Deutsch Mark. The currency are in Euros. My purchase of 2 pairs came up to approximately 120.00 DM which includes air shipment fees and taxes (about $60 - can't beat that!). Anyways, it's worth checking out - and no, I don't work for their marketing company : )