Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am like you-- what are the symptoms of the undiagnosable types?

Posted by alan k on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013345)

I have no sure diagnosis. I would say that from what I hear being negative on RSDS is nothing to be depressed about, but I do know how you feel about the frustation of long term suffering without even a diagnosis.

My pods are polite but the assistants or attendants in the office are starting to look at me funny, like I'm a wimpy hypochondriac and spoiled brat who isn't satisfied with anything. They don't realize that one of the things chronic sufferers do is learn to be satisfied with less.

My symptoms include only mild tightness in the morning and a generalized pain that builds up all day, especailly standing for short periods. No treatment helps much. Pushing, pulling, pressing points on the foot produces no special pain at all. No observable swelling or discoloration.
I experienced aches in my hands shortly before getting 'PF' That pain is in remission, but not the feet. I subscribe to the 'leaky gut' hypothesis as at least a contributing factor to some forms of chronic PF, if not acute ones also. Look into the information here about leaky gut syndrome and low-carb diets.
I am always interested in hearing from anyone who has similar experiences to mine.

alan k

Re: I am like you-- what are the syble types? RE Alan

Laurie R on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013349)

Hi Alan,First of all I love to read your post I don't post all that much but I do like to read them.You and I sound alot the same.The funny thing I have learned about plantar fasciitis is that we all have it but everyone has different symptoms.You were saying when you go to the doctors they look at you like you are making this up,well my feelings are they don't understand at all about pf.My podiatrist is wonderful he knows alot about pf he also lets me have a say so about my treatment.This is doctor #4.I had problems with physical therapy after a few weeks their they stopped what the doctor ordered and felt I should not be in any more pain I would leave there feeling like s*** !!!! I don't think they know all that much about pf .I have had this for 6 months now and I am still in as much pain as ever.I saw my podiatrist this week and I told him what happened at pt and now yesterday I started at sports therapy the therapist was really nice and does understand about this.I will let you know how it comes out.Alan I will tell you I understand you I feel the same way I have been up and down with this....Write to me any time if you want my e-mail let me know.Take care I am hear for anyone who wants to talk!!!!!!hang in there...Laurie

Re: I am like you-- what are the symptoms of the undiagnosable types?

jlcox on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013357)

Hi Alan,

Our symptoms are very similar. I've always been atypical for PF.

I've actually been on the low-carb diet for about 18 months. Its hard to know if its helping. I still have considerable foot pain but it might be worse sans the low-carb diet. Who knows?

As for being negative for RSDS, you're right. I should count my blessings.

john h on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013360)

alan: how about fibromyalga? that seems to be able to cause unidentifable pain almost anywhere. i know my family GP treats it with amitrypiline (my wife took that for a year for neck pain with no side effects).

Re: I am like you-- what are the syble types? RE Alan

Laurie R on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013349)

Hi Alan,First of all I love to read your post I don't post all that much but I do like to read them.You and I sound alot the same.The funny thing I have learned about plantar fasciitis is that we all have it but everyone has different symptoms.You were saying when you go to the doctors they look at you like you are making this up,well my feelings are they don't understand at all about pf.My podiatrist is wonderful he knows alot about pf he also lets me have a say so about my treatment.This is doctor #4.I had problems with physical therapy after a few weeks their they stopped what the doctor ordered and felt I should not be in any more pain I would leave there feeling like s*** !!!! I don't think they know all that much about pf .I have had this for 6 months now and I am still in as much pain as ever.I saw my podiatrist this week and I told him what happened at pt and now yesterday I started at sports therapy the therapist was really nice and does understand about this.I will let you know how it comes out.Alan I will tell you I understand you I feel the same way I have been up and down with this....Write to me any time if you want my e-mail let me know.Take care I am hear for anyone who wants to talk!!!!!!hang in there...Laurie

jlcox on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013357)

Hi Alan,

Our symptoms are very similar. I've always been atypical for PF.

I've actually been on the low-carb diet for about 18 months. Its hard to know if its helping. I still have considerable foot pain but it might be worse sans the low-carb diet. Who knows?

As for being negative for RSDS, you're right. I should count my blessings.

john h on 12/04/99 at 00:00 (013360)

alan: how about fibromyalga? that seems to be able to cause unidentifable pain almost anywhere. i know my family GP treats it with amitrypiline (my wife took that for a year for neck pain with no side effects).