Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

One going into two almost painfree days

Posted by Elise M. on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013366)

We all need to hear positive messages as well as the negative to keep us hopeful and help us continue finding the right combination to relieve pain. Yesterday was the first painless day I've had since June, not totally painless but able to walk without limping. I stretch out the tendons in the am before getting out of bed (toe crunches)and get right into a hot shower/bath. I stretch again after showering and put shoes with arch supports on immediately. I spent a very large portion of the day on my feet and I was still relatively painfree last evening. I take antiinflammatories at bedtime. I found that while sitting at my computer desk, there is a bar that I rest my feet on and I use that to roll my arches against while I'm sitting here.It may sound nuts, but it seems to be working for me. I can thank this message board for all the treatments or combination thereof. I did not spend the time or money searching out a Doctor, I just used the info gained here. Experience is the best teacher. I've learned a lot by all of your experiences and gained comfort at the same time, both emotionally and physically. Don't give up, try anything and stay focused on healing yourself. El.

Re: One going into two almost painfree days

Lee H on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013375)

That is awesome!!!! I hope it leads into many more painfree days for you!

john h on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013377)

elsie: you know it is recommended that you not take anti-inflamatories just before laying down. bad for your stomach. i read that you should be up and about for several hours after taking the nasids.

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013383)

Thanks for commenting.
I have been on nsaids for over two years now, taking them at any and all hours. I was started on them when I tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder and continued on them postoperatively. I always make sure that I have a full belly. Considering that it takes about 3 hours for the stomach to empty and the fact that we eat a late dinner, I believe I am covered. Otherwise, I just have a light snack. I have never had any problems with my stomach, even with the strongest meds.
Once again, everyone is an individual. Do whatever works best for you and don't stray from it. Continued good health to you....
El.

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013385)

Good morning,
Thanks for the encouraging words. As of this mornings entry, I'm relatively painfree. Spent 15 minutes prior to rising doing toe curls and stretching, put feet on floor very gently and lifted myself to standing very slowly. This morning I had very little pain. I immediately put shoes on. I never go barefoot anymore, I found it creates a burning sensation in my heel. I forgot to add in to my past commentaries that I started taking Glucosamine Chondroitin. It is something I started taking when I started lifting weights and found it to make a tremendous difference (not immediately noticeable). I stopped taking just about everything this past summer when i went to boot camp and that's when I started having problems with my feet. ? coincidence? I think not. Now that I've started back on a healing diet, dietary supplement,calciuim supplements and a multivitamin every day, I feel a definite difference. Try any and all things and find out what will heal your body. And thank you for the words of encouragement. Keep in touch....
El.

Lee H on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013375)

That is awesome!!!! I hope it leads into many more painfree days for you!

john h on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013377)

elsie: you know it is recommended that you not take anti-inflamatories just before laying down. bad for your stomach. i read that you should be up and about for several hours after taking the nasids.

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013383)

Thanks for commenting.
I have been on nsaids for over two years now, taking them at any and all hours. I was started on them when I tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder and continued on them postoperatively. I always make sure that I have a full belly. Considering that it takes about 3 hours for the stomach to empty and the fact that we eat a late dinner, I believe I am covered. Otherwise, I just have a light snack. I have never had any problems with my stomach, even with the strongest meds.
Once again, everyone is an individual. Do whatever works best for you and don't stray from it. Continued good health to you....
El.

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013385)

Good morning,
Thanks for the encouraging words. As of this mornings entry, I'm relatively painfree. Spent 15 minutes prior to rising doing toe curls and stretching, put feet on floor very gently and lifted myself to standing very slowly. This morning I had very little pain. I immediately put shoes on. I never go barefoot anymore, I found it creates a burning sensation in my heel. I forgot to add in to my past commentaries that I started taking Glucosamine Chondroitin. It is something I started taking when I started lifting weights and found it to make a tremendous difference (not immediately noticeable). I stopped taking just about everything this past summer when i went to boot camp and that's when I started having problems with my feet. ? coincidence? I think not. Now that I've started back on a healing diet, dietary supplement,calciuim supplements and a multivitamin every day, I feel a definite difference. Try any and all things and find out what will heal your body. And thank you for the words of encouragement. Keep in touch....
El.