Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

attitude toward discipline

Posted by alan k on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013369)

I too find that PF is causing me to adopt discipline, which is so healthy for mind and body, and one can almost be grateful for it. If I can combine these new good habits with the old good habits that I have lost (through PF), I think I could honestly say thank god for giving me PF.

Who knows, maybe the stricter lifestyle will prevent a cancer in me that I would have gotten knocked off by were it not for the PF which caused me to do x,y, and z that unknowingly saved my life!

This literally could be the case.

alan k

Re: attitude toward discipline

Rosalind on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013380)

I agree whole-heartedly. PF has taken to me the height of pain and the depths of despair, but I have learned an incredible amount from having it re: exercise, nutrition, biomechanics, stress management, and lots more. But I think one of the most most remarkable experiences I've had was moving 'chi' myself through doing medical Qi Gong, causing my toes to spread wide open and being able to control that pulsing feeling in my arch, which is the chi stuck or moving, I'm not sure which, but whatever it was it helped!

janet on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013397)

I'm intrigued. Where did you learn to do 'medical Qi Gong'?

Rosalind on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013432)

I learned the Qi Gong in Amherst, Mass from a teacher who studied under a Dr. Wu, who now resides in California. It helped me so much I signed up for an intensive class with this instructor. When I left Mass, I did it with 2 other instructors and found their forms to be too static for me, and I had little benefit, so I recommend the more active forms of Qi Gong.

Rosalind on 12/05/99 at 00:00 (013380)

I agree whole-heartedly. PF has taken to me the height of pain and the depths of despair, but I have learned an incredible amount from having it re: exercise, nutrition, biomechanics, stress management, and lots more. But I think one of the most most remarkable experiences I've had was moving 'chi' myself through doing medical Qi Gong, causing my toes to spread wide open and being able to control that pulsing feeling in my arch, which is the chi stuck or moving, I'm not sure which, but whatever it was it helped!

janet on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013397)

I'm intrigued. Where did you learn to do 'medical Qi Gong'?

Rosalind on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013432)

I learned the Qi Gong in Amherst, Mass from a teacher who studied under a Dr. Wu, who now resides in California. It helped me so much I signed up for an intensive class with this instructor. When I left Mass, I did it with 2 other instructors and found their forms to be too static for me, and I had little benefit, so I recommend the more active forms of Qi Gong.