Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two going into three .......

Posted by Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013386)

I want to give a glimmer of hope to those of you who haven't stumbled on the combination of healing ideas. I have only been afflicted since June but I never felt it was something I couldn't take care of myself. We have been given a wonderful machine known as the human body and it does heal itself, but it needs our help. I had a devastating illness as a preteen and the Doctors told my mom that my only help was a complicated, disfiguring surgery. My illness was at the end of the line and I was facing my teen/adult life with something I could not accept. When I asked the doctor what caused it, he told me it was stress. I figured if I caused it, I could cure it. I refused surgery, took every medication they had, taught myself how to go inside myself and heal my body. Funny how when medicine doesn't know what it is, they put some psychobabble on it, or make you feel like you need a shrink. They are grasping at straws most of the time.
Once again, I have gone inside myself, looked at the problem, tried all the remedies and I think I may have found the one that works for me. Never give up looking inward for the answers and NEVER,NEVER give up hope. This is my second going into third day with little pain. I walked yesterday farther than I have in 7 months. And don't forget the power or prayer.

El.

Re: Two going into three .......Elise????

Marti C on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013388)

Im happy to know youve had pain free days. I hope this will continue for you. How have you changed your diet and what shoes do you wear? Thanks!

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013389)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to comment.
My daily dietary routine has changed once again. When I had my shoulder surgery I found a very interesting article on a 'Healing Diet'. Having nothing to lose, I commenced on this diet 3 months prior to my surgery. It includes lots of food that I would not eat otherwise (even though I should). Spinach, sweet potatoes, liver and apricot juice are the primary intakes, although most of the other betacarotene and protein-loaded foods are in there too. I wish I could find the article but since I've moved and my magazines are packed, I have not seen it. Should I find it, I'll be sure to forward you a copy. It included increased water intake (good for all of us anyway). Instead of putting carbonated beverages in my mouth, I drank nothing but fruit juices. I had my surgery and according to my surgeon, my healing was remarkable. I also restarted taking Glucosamine Chondroitin which I started taking when I started weight lifting. I doubt that my healing is a matter of coincidence as I have reverted to the diet and behaviors I had prior to this malady. My shoes are no big deal, a low cut Reebok, soft and pliable without arch supports and the other is a HiTec hiking sneaker. Relatively inexpensive. I won't try any of my other shoes just yet, why spoil a good thing....I remember to do my stretching exercises also, especially Achilles tendon stretches. Feel better, do all you can to heal yourself and keep in touch....
El.

Re: Two going into three .......

Becky R. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013417)

Elise,
I believe you are a nurse. I am also and am having a really rough time right now. I have bilateral plantar fasciitis since August. So far nothing as helped. I have been off work for 5 weeks now, my physician said be off my feet for awhile. The last day I worked, I was in so much pain, I could hardly walk for 24 hours. I am just unable to stand and walk as a staff nurse. I don't know at this point if I will be able to go back to work as a nurse. I can't be on my feet for more that an hour without severe pain. Are you working now as a nurse? How are you doing it? Just venting. Any words of wisdom? Thanks, Becky

Re: Two going into three .......three fondly remembered

Elise M. on 12/12/99 at 00:00 (013617)

Hi Becky,
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Three days it was....a fond three days I'll remember. We are such creatures of habit.When I started feeling better, I kinda slacked on the treatment that had been helping so much, thus my return into the pit of pain. Now, I find myself looking forward to restarting the same treatment to see if it was indeed the treatment or just a coincidence. Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted. As far as nursing goes, I have no desire to return to nursing as it is now. I'm a veteran nurse (>25 years) and I come from a different generation of nurses. What's happening right now in medicine/nursing is not something I'm proud to connect myself with any longer. I was sidelined three years ago with a torn rotator cuff (on the job injury) and chose to do something still in public service. I became a State Certified E911 dispatcher. While on that job, I decided to take the Firefighters Exam, which I passed. Then PF set in. I have convinced myself to be happy with whatever I can do and not dwell on the things I can't do. I'm not convinced that this disorder is a forever thing. So, I wait, patiently......In the meantime, I've moved to a new state, have just enrolled in their E911 course with the aspirations of once again, making a difference, even if it means a desk/console position. Keep your chin up and do whatever it takes to get through the day. Hope you feel better. Keep in touch.
El.

Marti C on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013388)

Im happy to know youve had pain free days. I hope this will continue for you. How have you changed your diet and what shoes do you wear? Thanks!

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013389)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to comment.
My daily dietary routine has changed once again. When I had my shoulder surgery I found a very interesting article on a 'Healing Diet'. Having nothing to lose, I commenced on this diet 3 months prior to my surgery. It includes lots of food that I would not eat otherwise (even though I should). Spinach, sweet potatoes, liver and apricot juice are the primary intakes, although most of the other betacarotene and protein-loaded foods are in there too. I wish I could find the article but since I've moved and my magazines are packed, I have not seen it. Should I find it, I'll be sure to forward you a copy. It included increased water intake (good for all of us anyway). Instead of putting carbonated beverages in my mouth, I drank nothing but fruit juices. I had my surgery and according to my surgeon, my healing was remarkable. I also restarted taking Glucosamine Chondroitin which I started taking when I started weight lifting. I doubt that my healing is a matter of coincidence as I have reverted to the diet and behaviors I had prior to this malady. My shoes are no big deal, a low cut Reebok, soft and pliable without arch supports and the other is a HiTec hiking sneaker. Relatively inexpensive. I won't try any of my other shoes just yet, why spoil a good thing....I remember to do my stretching exercises also, especially Achilles tendon stretches. Feel better, do all you can to heal yourself and keep in touch....
El.

Re: Two going into three .......

Becky R. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013417)

Elise,
I believe you are a nurse. I am also and am having a really rough time right now. I have bilateral plantar fasciitis since August. So far nothing as helped. I have been off work for 5 weeks now, my physician said be off my feet for awhile. The last day I worked, I was in so much pain, I could hardly walk for 24 hours. I am just unable to stand and walk as a staff nurse. I don't know at this point if I will be able to go back to work as a nurse. I can't be on my feet for more that an hour without severe pain. Are you working now as a nurse? How are you doing it? Just venting. Any words of wisdom? Thanks, Becky

Re: Two going into three .......three fondly remembered

Elise M. on 12/12/99 at 00:00 (013617)

Hi Becky,
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Three days it was....a fond three days I'll remember. We are such creatures of habit.When I started feeling better, I kinda slacked on the treatment that had been helping so much, thus my return into the pit of pain. Now, I find myself looking forward to restarting the same treatment to see if it was indeed the treatment or just a coincidence. Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted. As far as nursing goes, I have no desire to return to nursing as it is now. I'm a veteran nurse (>25 years) and I come from a different generation of nurses. What's happening right now in medicine/nursing is not something I'm proud to connect myself with any longer. I was sidelined three years ago with a torn rotator cuff (on the job injury) and chose to do something still in public service. I became a State Certified E911 dispatcher. While on that job, I decided to take the Firefighters Exam, which I passed. Then PF set in. I have convinced myself to be happy with whatever I can do and not dwell on the things I can't do. I'm not convinced that this disorder is a forever thing. So, I wait, patiently......In the meantime, I've moved to a new state, have just enrolled in their E911 course with the aspirations of once again, making a difference, even if it means a desk/console position. Keep your chin up and do whatever it takes to get through the day. Hope you feel better. Keep in touch.
El.