Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ULTRASOUND?????

Posted by Melody on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013401)

I have had PF for 7 months now. GP suggested steroid injection which I declined! Am now having ultrasound. I think I am much worse since starting this but the PT says that isn;t possible. Has any one esle had this happen? After the second treatment I could not walk for the rest of the day and the morning pain is sooooo much worse. I went for the third treatment today - very reluctantly!! I am in agony now and am supposed to go again on Wednesday.

How have other people found ultrasound???

Thanks

Mel

Re: ULTRASOUND?????RE Melody

Laurie R on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013406)

Hi ,I know how you are feeling ,when I started phyical therapy 5 weeks ago they also did ultra sound and I was no better and I had 2 therapist and they also told me I should not be having pain I would leave there almost in tears.What eles are they doing for you besides ultra sound? Maybe it is something eles.Now I started at a sports therapy place I like it much better.Let me know.I hope you feel better.Laurie

Re: ULTRASOUND?????

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013409)

Dear Melody,
I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. I have never had any ultrasound; my response was in reaction to what the PT said to you. Do not allow them to tell you what makes you feel better. A lot of PT's think that because they have a degree that they know better than the person with the problem. As a veteran nurse of 28 years, I've found that nine times out of ten, the patient will know what makes them feel better and that all my knowledge won't help them if I insist that I know better. If what you're trying is making it worse, DON'T DO IT. Try something else. You have a relatively short time with this disorder but when you hurt it seems like forever. I too have had PF for the last 7 months and just now am seeing improvement. It took paying attention to what made ME feel better and then doing it. You've found a great sight for help finding this place. Life experience is the best teacher and these people know more about this problem than any Dr. or PT. Just ask them for their help, try everything for yourself and find what will help you help yourself. In the meantime, don't give up...
El.

lenore r on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013411)

i had 10 ultra sound treatments and did feel worse after the first one, although it didnt help in the long run with the pain. good luck!

Becky R. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013416)

I am currently receiving physical therapy and part of the pt is ultrasound. I have noticed a couple of times that I seem to be more sore after P.T. One day while having the ultrasound, I experienced pain and they turned the frequency down. Now this week, I have experienced the same. I don't know if it is the ultrasound or what. It is very frustrating. Hang in there.
Becky

Re: ULTRASOUND?????RE Melody

Laurie R on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013406)

Hi ,I know how you are feeling ,when I started phyical therapy 5 weeks ago they also did ultra sound and I was no better and I had 2 therapist and they also told me I should not be having pain I would leave there almost in tears.What eles are they doing for you besides ultra sound? Maybe it is something eles.Now I started at a sports therapy place I like it much better.Let me know.I hope you feel better.Laurie

Elise M. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013409)

Dear Melody,
I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. I have never had any ultrasound; my response was in reaction to what the PT said to you. Do not allow them to tell you what makes you feel better. A lot of PT's think that because they have a degree that they know better than the person with the problem. As a veteran nurse of 28 years, I've found that nine times out of ten, the patient will know what makes them feel better and that all my knowledge won't help them if I insist that I know better. If what you're trying is making it worse, DON'T DO IT. Try something else. You have a relatively short time with this disorder but when you hurt it seems like forever. I too have had PF for the last 7 months and just now am seeing improvement. It took paying attention to what made ME feel better and then doing it. You've found a great sight for help finding this place. Life experience is the best teacher and these people know more about this problem than any Dr. or PT. Just ask them for their help, try everything for yourself and find what will help you help yourself. In the meantime, don't give up...
El.

lenore r on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013411)

i had 10 ultra sound treatments and did feel worse after the first one, although it didnt help in the long run with the pain. good luck!

Becky R. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013416)

I am currently receiving physical therapy and part of the pt is ultrasound. I have noticed a couple of times that I seem to be more sore after P.T. One day while having the ultrasound, I experienced pain and they turned the frequency down. Now this week, I have experienced the same. I don't know if it is the ultrasound or what. It is very frustrating. Hang in there.
Becky