Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock Arch Supports

Posted by Nancy T. on 12/06/99 at 00:00 (013423)

I purchased a pair of Birk Arch Supports (Blue) approximately 5 weeks ago to see if, indeed, orthodics would be of help to me before springing for the $300 or so dollars for custom made ones. It took me approximately 2 to 3 weeks to get to the point where I could wear them for any length of time, and had my doubts about their effectiveness...then....all of a sudden, I was able to wear them all day without the painful sensation that they caused initially. For the past two days they have decreased my pain level immensely. I am also wearing a pair of L.L. Bean cork footbed clogs, which I cannot live without. Am wondering if anyone has tried these, and if so, did they have good luck with them. Also, am wondering if anyone wears their inserts with additional heel padding..and how is this additional padding placed? I shall keep pressing on with these inserts...this is the most relief I have had in 6 months.!!

Re: Birkenstock Arch Supports

Jenny L on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013435)

Hi Nancy

I'm a Birks fan, and I have a pair of the blue inserts, as well as shoes and sandals. I tried using the inserts with a pair of leather inner-soles over them, thinking it would be more comfortable, but stopped after a while and just got used to the inserts on their own. I think they are really good, and now I wear Birks shoes nearly all the time, and use the inserts occasionally for some old pre-PF shoes, and they feel fine.

I also took several weeks to get used to them, although they were very comfortable there was a feeling of something 'there' that I was conscious of. Suddenly, one day, no 'there', no consciousness (so to speak!), brilliant.

My foot no longer has that eye-watering constant pain, though it does twinge a bit if I overdo it, shop till you hobble or whatever.

jl

john h on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013483)

nancy: i have the two piece bule birks and sthe one piece birk supports. bought both at 'Just For Feet' at about half the price of the birkenstock store or web site. they are as good as any but have not cured or damage my feet.

Jenny L on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013435)

Hi Nancy

I'm a Birks fan, and I have a pair of the blue inserts, as well as shoes and sandals. I tried using the inserts with a pair of leather inner-soles over them, thinking it would be more comfortable, but stopped after a while and just got used to the inserts on their own. I think they are really good, and now I wear Birks shoes nearly all the time, and use the inserts occasionally for some old pre-PF shoes, and they feel fine.

I also took several weeks to get used to them, although they were very comfortable there was a feeling of something 'there' that I was conscious of. Suddenly, one day, no 'there', no consciousness (so to speak!), brilliant.

My foot no longer has that eye-watering constant pain, though it does twinge a bit if I overdo it, shop till you hobble or whatever.

jl

john h on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013483)

nancy: i have the two piece bule birks and sthe one piece birk supports. bought both at 'Just For Feet' at about half the price of the birkenstock store or web site. they are as good as any but have not cured or damage my feet.