Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Awesome Birkenstock Site

Posted by terri p on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013446)

I've recently ordered from this place too. I'm still waiting for my pair to arrive but their customer service is responsive and helpful. And the price you cannot beat! For 2 pairs of Birks, cost 140 Euros or about $70 US (includes airfreight shipment, taxes). Also, for proper sizing, they also suggest how to copy your footprint & the contours of your feet (using a watercolour stamp pad) on a sheet and send it to them (scanned, fax or snail mail) so they can determine the size.

John, I hope you weren't charged import tax for them. I'm still waiting for mine - but no matter what, it's worth and the price can't be beat! I'm glad to hear about the softbeds though. I'll wait for my new shipment first and if all works out, I'll order those too! (Well I've gotten rid of %80 of my shoe collection - and the Birks site was a great find!)

Re: Awesome Birkenstock Site

john a on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013448)

Umm, 140 Euros is about $140 US, right? And so far I haven't been charged a thing. The invoice that came with the sandals only listed the 36.25 Euro price. I hope I'm not in for an unpleasant surprise!

terri on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013449)

Actually John the rate is $1 US = 0.50 DM (Deutsch Mark) so what ever is posted, would be half the price. My 140 Euros is about $70 - if you want check out the current currency exchange rate! What a deal!

john a on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013451)

I don't mean to be dense, but I just don't get it. I only see Euro prices posted. Where do Deutsch Marks come into play (or are you yourself in Germany?) And a Euro is a Euro, isn't it? So the posted price of 36,25 Euros (note European comman for decimal place) is about $36 US, right?

Marti U on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013465)

Please advise the URL
Thank you

terri p on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013466)

John, you are CORRECT! I just rechecked the birkenstock's currency information. What happened was when I originally searched, the converter automatically had US funds in exchange for Deutsch Marks. The results were indeed 0.5 DM for $1 USF. But as I scrolled down, I saw Euro and clicked.....voila, 0.99 Euros for $1 USF, which is almost 1:1. You are right on the exchange! Despite of it the prices are still the best around. Thanks for clarifying for me, now I've got to tell my husband the correct amount our credit card will have next month : )

john h on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013576)

ordered a pair of Baltimore shoes yesterday. received message today they cannot be shipped until january as production is behind. great site and you save almost one-half of U.S cost

Libby on 12/11/99 at 00:00 (013615)

Terri, let us know what happens when you receive your shoes. Are there any extra taxes, do they take credit cards, how long did it take to get your shoes? That sort of thing. I bought Tatami Sheridans and spent 119.00 at a local Birkenstock shoe store but this site has them for 52,88 Euros which I guess would be about $53.00 dollars. I would love to get another pair. Let us know. Libby

john a on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013682)

I got mine (soft footbed Monterey) 33 days after ordering. The price was 36.25 Euro. There was no additional shipping charge since I chose to have standard shipping (not air freight). My credit card was billed for $37.09 US. There were no extra taxes, tariffs, etc. I am highly satisfied. I _still_ think it is kinda too good to be true. Let's hope the sandals don't disintegrate after only a coupla months!

john a on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013448)

Umm, 140 Euros is about $140 US, right? And so far I haven't been charged a thing. The invoice that came with the sandals only listed the 36.25 Euro price. I hope I'm not in for an unpleasant surprise!

terri on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013449)

Actually John the rate is $1 US = 0.50 DM (Deutsch Mark) so what ever is posted, would be half the price. My 140 Euros is about $70 - if you want check out the current currency exchange rate! What a deal!

john a on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013451)

I don't mean to be dense, but I just don't get it. I only see Euro prices posted. Where do Deutsch Marks come into play (or are you yourself in Germany?) And a Euro is a Euro, isn't it? So the posted price of 36,25 Euros (note European comman for decimal place) is about $36 US, right?

Marti U on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013465)

Please advise the URL
Thank you

terri p on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013466)

John, you are CORRECT! I just rechecked the birkenstock's currency information. What happened was when I originally searched, the converter automatically had US funds in exchange for Deutsch Marks. The results were indeed 0.5 DM for $1 USF. But as I scrolled down, I saw Euro and clicked.....voila, 0.99 Euros for $1 USF, which is almost 1:1. You are right on the exchange! Despite of it the prices are still the best around. Thanks for clarifying for me, now I've got to tell my husband the correct amount our credit card will have next month : )

john h on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013576)

ordered a pair of Baltimore shoes yesterday. received message today they cannot be shipped until january as production is behind. great site and you save almost one-half of U.S cost

Libby on 12/11/99 at 00:00 (013615)

Terri, let us know what happens when you receive your shoes. Are there any extra taxes, do they take credit cards, how long did it take to get your shoes? That sort of thing. I bought Tatami Sheridans and spent 119.00 at a local Birkenstock shoe store but this site has them for 52,88 Euros which I guess would be about $53.00 dollars. I would love to get another pair. Let us know. Libby

john a on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013682)

I got mine (soft footbed Monterey) 33 days after ordering. The price was 36.25 Euro. There was no additional shipping charge since I chose to have standard shipping (not air freight). My credit card was billed for $37.09 US. There were no extra taxes, tariffs, etc. I am highly satisfied. I _still_ think it is kinda too good to be true. Let's hope the sandals don't disintegrate after only a coupla months!