Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ALZNER ORTHOTICS/BARE FOOT ORTHOTICS

Posted by Phil L on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013454)

Hello everyone
I am curious if anyone has seen the advertising on t/v for the
alzner orthotic and better yet, who has used them,i was offered
a test drive in a pair.

They do feel different from the other 3 sets of molded useless
models i have had.ranging from 100 to 500 dollars. These are for
base models 60.00 and the alzner about 200.00 so we will see.

If you have tried them let me know thanks.My feet are doing better
i have been off of work for a couple of weeks so we will see..

Re: ALZNER ORTHOTICS/BARE FOOT ORTHOTICS

rekha.s on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013455)

yes, I saw the commercial 2 times in the last few weeks. they have two stores in the SF Bay area called Foot depot. One in Millbrae and other in Milpitas, but since I just got custom orthotics, I want to try those first since I have shelled out $300 for them.

I did call them, and they say they have excellent success rate with pf patients....

Becky R. on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013464)

Where can you get more info about these orthotics?
Becky

rekha.s on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013471)

becky, where do you live? in sf bay area there are 2 stores. I jotted down the 1-800 # but can't seem to find it. The commercial should come again, and I will note it down for you. Please give me ur e-mail address.

john h on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013482)

i have probably bought at least 6-8 different orthotics ranging in price from $20-$400. I have become very skeptical that they can 'cure' your problem. perhaps prevent it from getting worse? perhaps making it worse? i think the first pair and most expensive made my feet worse but having paid $400 i was determined to wear them and run. i viewed the web site for these orthotics and they appear to be just another set of orthotics. there are only so many ways to support your feet. if you buy a pair and they cure you or make you a whole lot better post up as i can add them to my very large collection.

Phil L on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013488)

I also have several pairs to choose from,it is just another shot in the dark,they do seem different from other pairs that just support the arch.??Just keep trying until we go broke wich is not long for me.

Becky R. on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013502)

Phil,
Thanks for the info. I just laughed when I read your last comment. We will all go broke from being off work resting our feet, buying orthotics and the millions of shoes we try hoping for the 'right fit'. Thanks for the humor.
Becky

rekha.s on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013455)

yes, I saw the commercial 2 times in the last few weeks. they have two stores in the SF Bay area called Foot depot. One in Millbrae and other in Milpitas, but since I just got custom orthotics, I want to try those first since I have shelled out $300 for them.

I did call them, and they say they have excellent success rate with pf patients....

Becky R. on 12/07/99 at 00:00 (013464)

Where can you get more info about these orthotics?
Becky

rekha.s on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013471)

becky, where do you live? in sf bay area there are 2 stores. I jotted down the 1-800 # but can't seem to find it. The commercial should come again, and I will note it down for you. Please give me ur e-mail address.

john h on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013482)

i have probably bought at least 6-8 different orthotics ranging in price from $20-$400. I have become very skeptical that they can 'cure' your problem. perhaps prevent it from getting worse? perhaps making it worse? i think the first pair and most expensive made my feet worse but having paid $400 i was determined to wear them and run. i viewed the web site for these orthotics and they appear to be just another set of orthotics. there are only so many ways to support your feet. if you buy a pair and they cure you or make you a whole lot better post up as i can add them to my very large collection.

Phil L on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013488)

I also have several pairs to choose from,it is just another shot in the dark,they do seem different from other pairs that just support the arch.??Just keep trying until we go broke wich is not long for me.

Becky R. on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013502)

Phil,
Thanks for the info. I just laughed when I read your last comment. We will all go broke from being off work resting our feet, buying orthotics and the millions of shoes we try hoping for the 'right fit'. Thanks for the humor.
Becky