Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Water Jog

Posted by Carol on 12/08/99 at 00:00 (013494)

I do triathlons also (or did)until Pf struck (luckily at the end of the summer). So many, many fellow triathlete friends are telling me to water jog. No need for the special water jogging shoes--they say get into the deep end and jog away (the heart rate really goes). One friend was able to get ready for the Hawaiian Ironman by jogging 3 hours in the pool. Your comment struck a chord--'poor me'. That's been me. I really need to get my butt on that indoor trainer and cycle away and get back into the pool! My excuse on the pool thing is that my feet are always taped. Geez--how lame! My husband says get off the internet and go swim.

Annette G on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013514)

I hear ya Carol,
I still have been somewhat active. With the weight lifting and those STUPID machines, but i really hate it and they just don't have any excitment to them, see.......there I go again with the whining!
Actually I have water run before, it is a pretty good work out(not like running mind you) but it gets your heart pumping, I just have to get my sorry butt over to the 'Y' to swim, I just have to put it into my routeen, yup....thats what I have to do. Maybe I will start on a new schedule that includes water running and swimming next week. Wow..I don't know If I could handle 3 hours in the pool though, but you never know!
you hang in there Carol, and keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thanks,
Annette

Annette G on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013514)

I hear ya Carol,
I still have been somewhat active. With the weight lifting and those STUPID machines, but i really hate it and they just don't have any excitment to them, see.......there I go again with the whining!
Actually I have water run before, it is a pretty good work out(not like running mind you) but it gets your heart pumping, I just have to get my sorry butt over to the 'Y' to swim, I just have to put it into my routeen, yup....thats what I have to do. Maybe I will start on a new schedule that includes water running and swimming next week. Wow..I don't know If I could handle 3 hours in the pool though, but you never know!
you hang in there Carol, and keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thanks,
Annette