Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain in my heel

Posted by Liz on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013522)

I just recently started having really bad pain in the cak of my heel, so bad that it hurts to wear sneakers. The pain feels like it is directly on the back of my heel bone. If anyone knows what this could be or has had thisplease respond.

Re: pain in my heel

John V on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013533)

Just as the plantar fascia may have micro tears and inflammation where it joins the front of the heel bone (and cause a heel spur in that location), where the achilles tendon wraps over the back of the heel, similar inflammation and pain may occur there and a heel spur may develop on the back of the heel. That's one possibility, anyway.

Re: pain in my heel

John V on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013533)

Just as the plantar fascia may have micro tears and inflammation where it joins the front of the heel bone (and cause a heel spur in that location), where the achilles tendon wraps over the back of the heel, similar inflammation and pain may occur there and a heel spur may develop on the back of the heel. That's one possibility, anyway.