Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new deal

Posted by john h on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013525)

well, today i tried a little alternative medicine with an accupuncture treatment. she placed little pellets at various points on my body and one at a time set them on fire. she would remove them when i said 'HOT!!!!' after that we went thru the regular needle process. the only good think about this is the accupuncturist was a real honest to goodness FOX! she said it usually takes 5-6 treatments to achieve any results. who was it that said 'just when you think you are out they pull you right back in again'? was it forest gump. i will follow thru with the 5-6 treatments to see what happens. i also ordered a pair of birks from the german site for 94 eurodollars which were selling for $175 locally. That is about a $75 savings (i hope).

Re: new deal

wendyn on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013527)

John, you devil you. Well, I always say that if you have to go to a doctor/physio-therapist-acupuncturist...they might as well be nice to look at. I have surrounded myself with useless, but very attractive men of the medical profession.

I intend to try acupuncture after Christmas, so please let me know how it goes for you...was it REALLY painful? Not that I'm afraid of pain anymore, I just need to know.

Have been waking up with sore wrists (waking up FROM the pain in my wrists actually). Work is doing an assessment and told me that I have to talk to the doctor about it. I have avoided this because I simply don't want to know if I'm developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrom in addition to TTS. I know it's stupid, you'd think I would learn that early intervention is the key....but I simply don't think I can DEAL with one more little medical problem.....after all, if my feet don't improve I may need my hands to walk on. Besides, I am so sick of my doctors (as good looking as they are) and I end up feeling like a hypo-chondriac when I have to keep visiting so often.

PS Toes get really cold in Birk sandals when it's 18F (-14C) out...there has got to be a better way! My boss said I need to get a big pair of White Sorrel winter boots and just step inside them with my Birks....now isn't that a lovely idea?

Nancy T. on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013531)

Hey John! Neither my Orthopedic or Physical Therapist is a Tom Cruise look-a-like. Maybe we should all be searching for movie-star-like qualities in our treatment gurus to make the pain less bearable!Let us know if she makes your treatment more tolerable...then we will have it added to Scott's main document! Good luck..let us know how it goes.

wendyn on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013527)

John, you devil you. Well, I always say that if you have to go to a doctor/physio-therapist-acupuncturist...they might as well be nice to look at. I have surrounded myself with useless, but very attractive men of the medical profession.

I intend to try acupuncture after Christmas, so please let me know how it goes for you...was it REALLY painful? Not that I'm afraid of pain anymore, I just need to know.

Have been waking up with sore wrists (waking up FROM the pain in my wrists actually). Work is doing an assessment and told me that I have to talk to the doctor about it. I have avoided this because I simply don't want to know if I'm developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrom in addition to TTS. I know it's stupid, you'd think I would learn that early intervention is the key....but I simply don't think I can DEAL with one more little medical problem.....after all, if my feet don't improve I may need my hands to walk on. Besides, I am so sick of my doctors (as good looking as they are) and I end up feeling like a hypo-chondriac when I have to keep visiting so often.

PS Toes get really cold in Birk sandals when it's 18F (-14C) out...there has got to be a better way! My boss said I need to get a big pair of White Sorrel winter boots and just step inside them with my Birks....now isn't that a lovely idea?

Nancy T. on 12/09/99 at 00:00 (013531)

Hey John! Neither my Orthopedic or Physical Therapist is a Tom Cruise look-a-like. Maybe we should all be searching for movie-star-like qualities in our treatment gurus to make the pain less bearable!Let us know if she makes your treatment more tolerable...then we will have it added to Scott's main document! Good luck..let us know how it goes.