Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Accupunture and pain in wrists

Posted by Lori S on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013537)

Wendy, be CAREFUL about your wrists! Mine sometimes start hurting (aching bad, actually) I put ace bandage wrist band thingees on them and use them for several days (even sleep with them on) and the pain goes away. But, don't wait too long or you are looking a severe pain with Carpal Tunnel.
I did accupuncture on my non-surgeried foot and had great success. Did it 4 treatments. Have a bone spur and PF on that foot, too and the pain went away. Try it! There was no pain, just a pin prick feeling when she stuck the needles in. There were a couple of sore areas but that stung for just a moment. They must have been irritated areas. Good luck!
Lori in aZ

Re: Accupunture and pain in wrists

john h on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013540)

the pain with accupuncture was really very minor. i had never read about or expeienced the little granules she placed at various points and then fired them up. there were no visable marks on my body so must not have been to bad. my accupuncturist was a computer system engineer before turnning to accupuncture. she carries the title Dr. and i do not know what that means and she is board certified by the state. my only problem is that no one that good looking should be stabbing you with needles.

john a on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013544)

Well, I guess that all depends on what you're into! Let's see: computers, needles, a gorgeous woman tending to my pain... Hmmm, where is it you say you're located? Maybe this is just the excuse I need to take a long vacation from Long Island, NY :-)

YosoS on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013558)

John, so funny..... you said granules. Yes, those are exactly
look like granules. LOL LOL.
It is called MOXA, and your treatment is called O-KYU.
Very popular treatment in Japan. Don't you think sharp pain was disappered after treatment?

john h on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013575)

yoko if anyone would know what those granules were i knew it would be you. did she actually set them on fire and if so why did they not burn my skin? i did not ask but did she put the needles where the granules were. they got very hot but the heat went away when she removed them. by the way i felt better by just looking at accupunturits. she really did not have to stick me with those auful needles. if my wife ever gets a look at her i am sure i will get some accupuncture at home.

YokoS on 12/11/99 at 00:00 (013588)

I don't know the mechanism of those oriental treatments, but I think she was searching where the root(s) of your pain and put granules(LOL) all traces. She sets fire on granules in order to open pores, then put needle. Main purpose of fire is duplicated stimulation (heat and needle). My acupuncturist reminded me my father (75), lucky you!

john h on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013540)

the pain with accupuncture was really very minor. i had never read about or expeienced the little granules she placed at various points and then fired them up. there were no visable marks on my body so must not have been to bad. my accupuncturist was a computer system engineer before turnning to accupuncture. she carries the title Dr. and i do not know what that means and she is board certified by the state. my only problem is that no one that good looking should be stabbing you with needles.

john a on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013544)

Well, I guess that all depends on what you're into! Let's see: computers, needles, a gorgeous woman tending to my pain... Hmmm, where is it you say you're located? Maybe this is just the excuse I need to take a long vacation from Long Island, NY :-)

YosoS on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013558)

John, so funny..... you said granules. Yes, those are exactly
look like granules. LOL LOL.
It is called MOXA, and your treatment is called O-KYU.
Very popular treatment in Japan. Don't you think sharp pain was disappered after treatment?

john h on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013575)

yoko if anyone would know what those granules were i knew it would be you. did she actually set them on fire and if so why did they not burn my skin? i did not ask but did she put the needles where the granules were. they got very hot but the heat went away when she removed them. by the way i felt better by just looking at accupunturits. she really did not have to stick me with those auful needles. if my wife ever gets a look at her i am sure i will get some accupuncture at home.

YokoS on 12/11/99 at 00:00 (013588)

I don't know the mechanism of those oriental treatments, but I think she was searching where the root(s) of your pain and put granules(LOL) all traces. She sets fire on granules in order to open pores, then put needle. Main purpose of fire is duplicated stimulation (heat and needle). My acupuncturist reminded me my father (75), lucky you!