Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Why not have a virtual support group? Get Firetalk!!

Posted by Doug P on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013563)

I keep bringing this up in the hopes that people won't be afraid of the technology. There is a very handy little program on the web at http://www.firetalk.com . It's not too big and can be downloaded probably in about 5 minutes. It allows you to talk to other people on the web. As long as you have a microphone and speakers (most computers these days have them), you can have a 'chat' room in which people can all meet and talk. I tried it out with Scott once and it worked pretty well. I urge those who want to have more of a dialog than this message board to download it and get it set up. If you have it set up and want to do it, please respond to this message and I'll host a 'room' at a certain time and we can meet.

Re: Why not have a virtual support group? Get Firetalk!!

laurie R on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013567)

Hi ,I would like to do this.Let us know I will go and download this site thank you Laurie

Bea K on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013572)

Sounds great, unfortunately I have a Mac, so no can do.

Scott R on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013580)

Yes, I'm with Doug. It's the best program there is for having group conversations. It doesn't cost anything. I've socialized on it for hours with strangers. It's been amazing to me how no one here seems interested in using the program.

Doug P on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013583)

Sorry I didn't think about that. Maybe we can find something that runs a Java applet that can run on all types of machines. I'll look around. I don't want to leave out mac users.

Viola B. on 12/11/99 at 00:00 (013604)

I would be interested, but I too use a Mac.

laurie R on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013567)

Hi ,I would like to do this.Let us know I will go and download this site thank you Laurie

Bea K on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013572)

Sounds great, unfortunately I have a Mac, so no can do.

Scott R on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013580)

Yes, I'm with Doug. It's the best program there is for having group conversations. It doesn't cost anything. I've socialized on it for hours with strangers. It's been amazing to me how no one here seems interested in using the program.

Doug P on 12/10/99 at 00:00 (013583)

Sorry I didn't think about that. Maybe we can find something that runs a Java applet that can run on all types of machines. I'll look around. I don't want to leave out mac users.

Viola B. on 12/11/99 at 00:00 (013604)

I would be interested, but I too use a Mac.