Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

debbie-- I may try

Posted by alan k on 12/12/99 at 00:00 (013632)

I can't resist anything, it seems.

I would really like to know your regime.

Also, I was wondering what your condition was like, specifically:

1) onset and symptoms-- were you a morning pain type, or atypical?
did you get this from over-exersize, structural problems with feet, or unknown?

2) your current condition, which sounds great. Congratulations! how long was it before you tried pliates routine, and in how long were healed and how healed are you?

thanks.

your adventurer,

alan k

Re: debbie-- I may try

Debbise B on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013644)

I got PF from running about 3 years ago. Thought I had bruised my heels, took a day or two off, went back, got worse and worse. Tried new running shoes, kept running like an idiot. My symptoms were very typical pain at its worst on getting out of bed. I would stumble around like a very old person. Going down stairss first thing in the a.m. was a real challenge. I was 45 and figured at thils rate I'd be in a wheelchair by 50.I had always worn Birks. I remember taking Ibprophen at an alarming rate to get through the day. I would think twice before I wwent anywhere. A man (with a cane) told me I had PF while I was buying heel pads at drugstore.Bought this machine one very bleak day while flipping through channels, not to help but to excercise non weight bearing. It came the day I finally went to MD (diagnosis PF sent to Physio), I had had PF for 6 months. Started doing the routine immediately, noticed a slight improvement almost at once although I would not admit it even to myself.Started to increase frequency of foot portion of routine, got better and better. By the time I went to physio(it took 2 weeks to get in) I knew it was working. I showed the physio the excercises she said thsey would'nt hurt me and gave me the page of standard stand against a wall type stuff.I did it a couple times and went back to Pilates on my own. It took about 2 months of faithful work and I was all better. My husband got it from running a years ago, started Pilates immediately,cured in 2 weeks, never come back. My friend got it last summer, tried to cure with standard excercises finally borrowed my machine, it took her 2 to 3 months after she finally got serious and followed my instructions. She is fine now, none of us use the machine on a regular basis now (it is always out on loan)
Regime: Do the foot and lower leg potion of Pilates workout 4 to 5 times daily increasing the heel lowers to about 50. The leg stomach and thighs potion also has heel lowering involved and should be included, ending with the cool down 'running' to a count of 100. This takes less than 5 minutes and can be done on getting out of bed, before leaving for work, on returning home, and 1 to2 times in evening. Youo will notice results almost immedsiately but it takes awhile before you are all better and you must not get complacent and stop the Pilates. Itd is not a pretty piece of equipment and it takes up a fair bit of floor space, but if you fold it up and put it away every time you would probably not use it enough. At least I wouldn't. Good luck Alan, if you decide to try let me know, I am very excited about this.

Re: debbie-- I may try

Debbise B on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013644)

I got PF from running about 3 years ago. Thought I had bruised my heels, took a day or two off, went back, got worse and worse. Tried new running shoes, kept running like an idiot. My symptoms were very typical pain at its worst on getting out of bed. I would stumble around like a very old person. Going down stairss first thing in the a.m. was a real challenge. I was 45 and figured at thils rate I'd be in a wheelchair by 50.I had always worn Birks. I remember taking Ibprophen at an alarming rate to get through the day. I would think twice before I wwent anywhere. A man (with a cane) told me I had PF while I was buying heel pads at drugstore.Bought this machine one very bleak day while flipping through channels, not to help but to excercise non weight bearing. It came the day I finally went to MD (diagnosis PF sent to Physio), I had had PF for 6 months. Started doing the routine immediately, noticed a slight improvement almost at once although I would not admit it even to myself.Started to increase frequency of foot portion of routine, got better and better. By the time I went to physio(it took 2 weeks to get in) I knew it was working. I showed the physio the excercises she said thsey would'nt hurt me and gave me the page of standard stand against a wall type stuff.I did it a couple times and went back to Pilates on my own. It took about 2 months of faithful work and I was all better. My husband got it from running a years ago, started Pilates immediately,cured in 2 weeks, never come back. My friend got it last summer, tried to cure with standard excercises finally borrowed my machine, it took her 2 to 3 months after she finally got serious and followed my instructions. She is fine now, none of us use the machine on a regular basis now (it is always out on loan)
Regime: Do the foot and lower leg potion of Pilates workout 4 to 5 times daily increasing the heel lowers to about 50. The leg stomach and thighs potion also has heel lowering involved and should be included, ending with the cool down 'running' to a count of 100. This takes less than 5 minutes and can be done on getting out of bed, before leaving for work, on returning home, and 1 to2 times in evening. Youo will notice results almost immedsiately but it takes awhile before you are all better and you must not get complacent and stop the Pilates. Itd is not a pretty piece of equipment and it takes up a fair bit of floor space, but if you fold it up and put it away every time you would probably not use it enough. At least I wouldn't. Good luck Alan, if you decide to try let me know, I am very excited about this.