Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What A Difference The Shoes Can Make!!!! long

Posted by Marti C on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013639)

WOW!!!
What a difference 2 weeks and new shoes can make! I first purchased the Birks. Has taken awhile to break them in, but they feel better. Thank you Linda for the info. about the Haflinger 'wooly clogs'! Ive been wearing them almost a week and they feel great too! I also purchased a semi-dress shoe (which I havent done in 3 years)called Havana Joe. The people at the store had to put an extra arch support in them, but they feel great! I was able to wear them to Church and have them on all day with min. pain. Its a miracle!The man at the store i chose said he had been fitting people with problem feet for 19 years and I had been his biggest challange. Imagine that! I tried on 28 pairs of shoes ( this is the reason my husband and children never go with me). He told me I could wear both pairs for 2 weeks and then return them, if they hurt my feet in anyway.I dont think I will need to.Guess where I will be buying my next shoes from! The man stayed with me for 3 hrs. and never left to attend to any other customer, he stated that was their policy. I was impressed. Thanks to all for your shoe advice!Happy Hollidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What A Difference The Shoes Can Make!!!! long

Becky R. on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013641)

Marti,
That is just what I've been looking for - someone to take the time and patience to HELP ME. Where are you from? Anywhere near Cincinnati? What style of Birks did you buy? I am in the shoe searching mode for now. Hoping for the same results as you. Thanks.
Becky

Re: What A Difference The Shoes Can Make!!!! Becky

Marti C on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013656)

Hi Becky,
I live in Tenn. The place I found, had a huge selection of shoes to pick from. I believe, all of their shoes were made in other countries. They also make orthotics, etc. The name is Properfit shoes,I just looked in the yellow pages where they advertise 'custom fit shoes' and found several. I went to this one first because I had heard good things about the store, when I started asking around. Im sure if TN. has one, you should be able to find one near you. Good Luck and take your time trying on I used to rush because I was so afraid of making someone have to wait too long for me!Not anymore, they are your feet and your money! I hope you can find one!!!
Marti

Sally T on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013730)

Where in Tennessee?

Marti C on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013745)

Hi Becky, The store is in Nashville or Green Hills actually, suberb of Nash.
Marti

Re: What A Difference The Shoes Can Make!!!! long

Becky R. on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013641)

Marti,
That is just what I've been looking for - someone to take the time and patience to HELP ME. Where are you from? Anywhere near Cincinnati? What style of Birks did you buy? I am in the shoe searching mode for now. Hoping for the same results as you. Thanks.
Becky

Marti C on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013656)

Hi Becky,
I live in Tenn. The place I found, had a huge selection of shoes to pick from. I believe, all of their shoes were made in other countries. They also make orthotics, etc. The name is Properfit shoes,I just looked in the yellow pages where they advertise 'custom fit shoes' and found several. I went to this one first because I had heard good things about the store, when I started asking around. Im sure if TN. has one, you should be able to find one near you. Good Luck and take your time trying on I used to rush because I was so afraid of making someone have to wait too long for me!Not anymore, they are your feet and your money! I hope you can find one!!!
Marti

Sally T on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013730)

Where in Tennessee?

Marti C on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013745)

Hi Becky, The store is in Nashville or Green Hills actually, suberb of Nash.
Marti