Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Walked all over Vegas

Posted by Lee M. on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013640)

This was the true test. I walked all over Vegas checking out the newest hotels and never had any foot pain. I even wore a sandal with a 1' heel for about 2 hours. And still no pain. I'm still wearing my Ked sneakers and a new Ked black shoe (really comfortable). I still soak my feet a night after work, but I've been really lax with the massage since Vegas. The day we got back my husband said, 'Hey, you didn't complain about your feet' And it really hit me that maybe my life has turned around. I still read everyones posts and can really empathize with all of you. I don't post that much because I don't have that much to say anymore. I know why cured posters don't post anymore. It gives you kind of a guilty feeling to post no pain.
When I was really depressed or hurting the support and ideas from this board were so helpful. I would probably still be hobbling around if my husband hadn't found it for me. I've posted previously re: treatment that cured my heel spur. Even now, while I type, I roll my foot on my $3.00 foot roller (habit I guess and it feels good) It's going to take a long time to feel as if pain will not come back. I truly wish a cure for all of you because there were times in the last 2 years that I could of cut my foot off, I had so much pain. Good luck to everyone.

Re: Walked all over Vegas

Becky R. on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013642)

Lee,
That is great. I was in Vegas in July and walked everywhere and it was BEFORE I had this problem. If I could only do it now. I'm lucky to get to the grocery and back now. I have had bilateral pf since August. I'm still hoping for a cure. I am trying everything without much success. Hope to be back in Vegas within a year and walking to all the hotels too. Good luck to you.
Becky R.

Lee H on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013659)

It is great to hear success stories, it gives us hope that one of these days we will be writing one too. YAHOO for you!!! You had to have been nervous before the trip of how your feet would react. So glad it worked out. I have a cruise to Hawaii booked for April. It's been planned for a year and a half now. This gives me 4 months to get over this foot thing. I am hoping my trip goes as well as yours.

Becky R. on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013642)

Lee,
That is great. I was in Vegas in July and walked everywhere and it was BEFORE I had this problem. If I could only do it now. I'm lucky to get to the grocery and back now. I have had bilateral pf since August. I'm still hoping for a cure. I am trying everything without much success. Hope to be back in Vegas within a year and walking to all the hotels too. Good luck to you.
Becky R.

Lee H on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013659)

It is great to hear success stories, it gives us hope that one of these days we will be writing one too. YAHOO for you!!! You had to have been nervous before the trip of how your feet would react. So glad it worked out. I have a cruise to Hawaii booked for April. It's been planned for a year and a half now. This gives me 4 months to get over this foot thing. I am hoping my trip goes as well as yours.