Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

accupuncture treatment #2

Posted by john h on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013671)

i had my second accupunture treatment today one week after the 1st. my accupuncturist use 'The Five Element Accupunture Treatment'. She has a bachelor of science degree from the University of Pittsburg and said she had to attend 6 years at a university in florida to gain her doctorate in accupuncture. i would suggest you make sure of the credentials of any accupuncturist you use. some chriopractors do this with only a short bit of training. my treatment was much like the first using the little pellets on your skin that were set on fire and using the needles which were not left in but removed rather promptly. i had needles inserted in both big toes, top of ankles, lower spine,upper spine, and lower abdomen with the little fire pellets at the same place. each visit is about 1 hour and cost $50. initial visit $100. i will give this treatment at least 6 tries or maybe 10 to see if there are any results. the needle sticks are not bad and are made more tolerable by the very good looks of my doctor.will keep you advised.

Re: accupuncture treatment #2

Trish on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013687)

The little pellets.......are you referring to Moxibustion?? Do they have quite a strong smell?

john h on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013690)

since they were on my back i did not smell them very well. the name sounds correct.

Trish on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013687)

The little pellets.......are you referring to Moxibustion?? Do they have quite a strong smell?

john h on 12/13/99 at 00:00 (013690)

since they were on my back i did not smell them very well. the name sounds correct.