Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

There is hope

Posted by Jeremy on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013699)

After 3 months of PF I think I reached a turning point about a week ago. Pain is down to about 50% of what it was.
Things that worked:
- rest from exercise/walking (apart from minimal walking here and there I've done nothing for the past month)
- Started wearing running shoes at home all night (even overnight for a while!)
- made my own overnight stretching device with an old sock and a shoelace :)
- taping (strapping) my foot every few days
Things that didn't (for me):
- icing
- stretching exercises (made it worse)
- massage

Good luck. There is hope.....

Re: There is hope

Elise M. on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013700)

Hi all,
There is hope!!! I had three relatively painless days, so my self care got kind of lax. I suffered the consequences of my slackness, I was in pain once again. It was a good lesson though. It taught me that I was onto healing myself and that if I would just continue with what I was doing that I would feel better. Things that worked for me....stretching( dorsi/plantar flexion while still in bed, rising to standing and weight bearing without movement, gentle first steps with shoes on, changing shoes when feet start to ache, foot soaks with very hot water, resting when I can, and ES Tylenol. Occassionally, if I've overdone it, I still need Tylenol with Codeine to get me over the bad pain, but that's once in a very long while now. There is hope for us all... Feel better !! :)
El.

Re: There is hope

Elise M. on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013700)

Hi all,
There is hope!!! I had three relatively painless days, so my self care got kind of lax. I suffered the consequences of my slackness, I was in pain once again. It was a good lesson though. It taught me that I was onto healing myself and that if I would just continue with what I was doing that I would feel better. Things that worked for me....stretching( dorsi/plantar flexion while still in bed, rising to standing and weight bearing without movement, gentle first steps with shoes on, changing shoes when feet start to ache, foot soaks with very hot water, resting when I can, and ES Tylenol. Occassionally, if I've overdone it, I still need Tylenol with Codeine to get me over the bad pain, but that's once in a very long while now. There is hope for us all... Feel better !! :)
El.