Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

This thing is getting very popular.........maybe now research $'s will come

Posted by Mohez on 12/14/99 at 00:00 (013743)

In todays Toronto Star, the following was printed. Goofy injury of the week: Phoenix's Penny Hardaway has the dreaded foot injury plantar fasciitis, He says he got it because the heel in his shoes were too thin, his orthotic didn't fit right and he just can't seem to find a model that fits.

This is becoming more and more common in th NBA. For those who do not know, Penny Hardaway is definetely in the top 10% of premier NBA superstars.

During the summer, I had a conversation with one of the Toronto Star writers and he told me that PF has become the most common injury in the NBA, replacing back spasms. I called the head trainor for the Toronto Raptors and after many messages, finally got a hold of him. I asked him what the team does for PF and he basically said deeeeeeep, penetrating massage. He had not heard of ESWT at all. We will just have to wait and see what the NBA does about this.

Mohez