Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: comments on the new questionnaire

Posted by michael s on 12/15/99 at 00:00 (013800)

Well, it's your usual great work Scott. Thank you. I assume you want us to put our comments on this message board? Well, here are mine..
I do think it's long and worry that many won't bother, but I also like the detail.What do mean that over 20 degrees provides 'better protection' to the fascia? I wished 'standing' was included under the actions that cause pain (i.e., standing for period of time) and somethng like 'spending long periods of time on feet' (for me it's the length of time not the action that causes much of the pain). I typed 'all' under where pain occurs, but as I also said it varies. I think the biggest flaw here is that you don't specifically ask whether or not someone is suffering from the classic 'morning' pain. Didn't you say yourself some time ago that seems to be an interesting difference in what people have reported about their pf pain? It's listed, but if someone suffers both morning pain and pain walking/standing (which I think is probably most common) you make them choose one or the other!
By the way, I hope the number of months I filled in doesn't cause fits in your data collection. It's correct for me - almost twelve years. And I hope I didn't write too much at the end. Thanks again.

AndreaB on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013846)

I agree with Micheal S. I hate to complain about all your hard work--it is awesome--but I have pain when standing too. And it depends on how long I have been on my feet. I think this is a KEY difference that needs to be pointed out in the database against the 'traditional PF'.

AndreaB on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013846)

I agree with Micheal S. I hate to complain about all your hard work--it is awesome--but I have pain when standing too. And it depends on how long I have been on my feet. I think this is a KEY difference that needs to be pointed out in the database against the 'traditional PF'.