Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Virtual support/discussion group -- firetalk

Posted by Doug P on 12/16/99 at 00:00 (013835)

So far I have Scott R, Helene M, and Laurie R interested. Any other takers? In case you didn't read the post earlier, firetalk is an application that allows you to talk to other people on the internet through your microphone and listen on your speakers. It is very easy. I want to have a chat room set up and we can talk about our various PF experiences and share information. Unfortunately firetalk is not supported on Macs.

I'd like to have a discussion either this coming weekend(12/18 and 19) or in the evening next week. What is time(s) are good for people? Any other people that are interested please respond to this post. To download the app, go to http://www.firetalk.com . I think this will allow people to communicate much more effectively than merely posting to this message board (no offense Scott)

Re: Virtual support/discussion group -- firetalk

Nancy S. on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013838)

Hi -- just a thought for you. I have WebTV and couldn't participate in a chat. I don't think I'd use the word 'merely' to describe this message board. It's invaluable, and having things in writing means we can go back and refer to the info too. I'm not suggesting you not have a chat if you want to, but some of us would miss out, maybe on something important, and perhaps you would miss being abe to go back and read stuff too. Just something to consider . . . Nancy S.

Lee H on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013844)

I am interested if I could figure out how to download firetalk. Computers are not my forte, but they are my husbands. I will have him look into tonite. Hope it all comes together. Saturday would be a better day for me.

BarbaraJ on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013851)

I find myself in agreement with Nancy. Being able to post anytime, check in when you can and catch up on all the posts at your own convenience and pace is invaluable to me. While real time is good it is not usually convenient and for those of us who have a hard time speaking to strangers, being able to write our thoughts and express our opinions more anonomously and with a little more thought is preferrable. I also like to be able to go back and check information I have read previously. Thanks for the invite but I prefer to stick to this site and thank Scott for providing an invaluable service. Best, Barbara

Laurie R on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013855)

Hi to everyone, I think this is good I would love to talk to you all. Sat would be good for me too.Let us know what time and if sat is good for everyone.Even if there is only 3 or 4 of us it will be fine.Alan I hope you can join in because you and I have alot of the same symptoms.please let us know so I can set the time aside Thanks Laurie R

Scott R on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013856)

Let's not flood the message board trying to figure out when we can meet. Doug, how about putting a list of email addresses together and ask for meeting times?

Yes, the written message board is very important because it is searchable. Our voice chats would never displace or harm the message board.

Re: Virtual support/discussion group -- firetalk-- Sunday night?

alan k on 12/19/99 at 00:00 (013919)

I may try. I like the message board, though.

As I understand it, the schedule is for 9.00 pm eastern (8.oopm central) tonight, Sunday.

Nancy S. on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013838)

Hi -- just a thought for you. I have WebTV and couldn't participate in a chat. I don't think I'd use the word 'merely' to describe this message board. It's invaluable, and having things in writing means we can go back and refer to the info too. I'm not suggesting you not have a chat if you want to, but some of us would miss out, maybe on something important, and perhaps you would miss being abe to go back and read stuff too. Just something to consider . . . Nancy S.

Lee H on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013844)

I am interested if I could figure out how to download firetalk. Computers are not my forte, but they are my husbands. I will have him look into tonite. Hope it all comes together. Saturday would be a better day for me.

BarbaraJ on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013851)

I find myself in agreement with Nancy. Being able to post anytime, check in when you can and catch up on all the posts at your own convenience and pace is invaluable to me. While real time is good it is not usually convenient and for those of us who have a hard time speaking to strangers, being able to write our thoughts and express our opinions more anonomously and with a little more thought is preferrable. I also like to be able to go back and check information I have read previously. Thanks for the invite but I prefer to stick to this site and thank Scott for providing an invaluable service. Best, Barbara

Laurie R on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013855)

Hi to everyone, I think this is good I would love to talk to you all. Sat would be good for me too.Let us know what time and if sat is good for everyone.Even if there is only 3 or 4 of us it will be fine.Alan I hope you can join in because you and I have alot of the same symptoms.please let us know so I can set the time aside Thanks Laurie R

Scott R on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013856)

Let's not flood the message board trying to figure out when we can meet. Doug, how about putting a list of email addresses together and ask for meeting times?

Yes, the written message board is very important because it is searchable. Our voice chats would never displace or harm the message board.

Re: Virtual support/discussion group -- firetalk-- Sunday night?

alan k on 12/19/99 at 00:00 (013919)

I may try. I like the message board, though.

As I understand it, the schedule is for 9.00 pm eastern (8.oopm central) tonight, Sunday.