Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

There is hope!

Posted by Libby on 12/17/99 at 00:00 (013853)

Well I felt I should post an update on my PF. Mine started in April and lasted until sometime near the end of November. I have stopped anti-inflammatories, I stretch occasionally (when I remember) and wear birkenstocks. I'm not experiencing any pain at all and am getting around just fine. I haven't started high impact exercises but have done a little low impact and so far so good. I did a lot of praying and I give the credit to God. I hope I've seen the last of PF but from the information on this website I know that may not be the case but I'm surely enjoying these painfree days! Libby

Re: There is hope!

Nancy S. on 12/18/99 at 00:00 (013898)

Hi Libby, I'm happy for your painfree days! Thanks for posting. I have a probably boring question for you, but it's hard not to ask: What helped you since April, and what didn't help? I take it that stretching and Birks helped. Anything else? What is your experience with and philosophy about Rest? OK, I'll save the endless questions and let you answer in your own words. Thanks very much.
Nancy S.

Libby on 12/18/99 at 00:00 (013899)

Hi Nancy. I think rest helped me a lot! I was jogging a lot and doing high impact aerobics alot and I had to stop that. So I just mainly do floor exercises now. I also took anti-inflammatories from August to November. I also stretched alot. But I feel the Birkenstocks helped me the most. After wearing them for a week and a half I noticed that I could get around without hurting. Also, I prayed alot! So I think all those things helped. Best wishes! Libby

Marie S. on 12/19/99 at 00:00 (013928)

I have tried store orthodics, prescription orthodics,PT, several antiimflammatories, several stretching exercises given to me by therapists and doctors, podiatrists, orthopedists, taping, rest, ice, and patience for 18 months. About a week ago I started lying flat on the floor with my leg at a 90 degree angle to the floor and my foot bent with the toe pointed back towards my face. I hold that for 10 seconds or so and do this several times for each foot. For some reason I am better than I have been almost since I first started having trouble. I can really feel the stretch in my leg muscles and it doesn't seem to hurt my Achilles tendon like some of the other exercises did.

Nancy S. on 12/18/99 at 00:00 (013898)

Hi Libby, I'm happy for your painfree days! Thanks for posting. I have a probably boring question for you, but it's hard not to ask: What helped you since April, and what didn't help? I take it that stretching and Birks helped. Anything else? What is your experience with and philosophy about Rest? OK, I'll save the endless questions and let you answer in your own words. Thanks very much.
Nancy S.

Libby on 12/18/99 at 00:00 (013899)

Hi Nancy. I think rest helped me a lot! I was jogging a lot and doing high impact aerobics alot and I had to stop that. So I just mainly do floor exercises now. I also took anti-inflammatories from August to November. I also stretched alot. But I feel the Birkenstocks helped me the most. After wearing them for a week and a half I noticed that I could get around without hurting. Also, I prayed alot! So I think all those things helped. Best wishes! Libby

Marie S. on 12/19/99 at 00:00 (013928)

I have tried store orthodics, prescription orthodics,PT, several antiimflammatories, several stretching exercises given to me by therapists and doctors, podiatrists, orthopedists, taping, rest, ice, and patience for 18 months. About a week ago I started lying flat on the floor with my leg at a 90 degree angle to the floor and my foot bent with the toe pointed back towards my face. I hold that for 10 seconds or so and do this several times for each foot. For some reason I am better than I have been almost since I first started having trouble. I can really feel the stretch in my leg muscles and it doesn't seem to hurt my Achilles tendon like some of the other exercises did.