Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SHOES

Posted by L.Cooper on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013943)

There is a lot of information about plantar faciitis. It is overwelming and a relief to find! There is a lot of discussion about the 'right' shoes. Specifically, what are the right shoes? Are they athletic shoes? Rockport type shoes? Shoes that tie, shoes that slip on. How big a heel. Are they opened toed or clothes toed. Sandals? Appreciate your help on this one.

Re: SHOES

Robin B. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013951)

You might want to research the archived messages and the active ones as well -- there is a wealth of information and sharing about shoes on this board.

You will soon see -- everyone is different. Some people swear by New Balance or Rockports or Mephistos or boots. I myself am a Birkenstock lover -- I wear nothing else but Birks. There is no one right shoe that will cure PF and no one right shoe for everyone. The right shoe for YOU is the one that alleviates the pain in your feet.

The only thing that most of us can say with certainty is -- the right shoes are NOT cheap shoes. Almost any shoe that's moderately right for anyone on this board is going to come with a price tag. I guess that's the cost of trying to get better.

Jim P on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014102)

There is no one shoe that is right for everyone. The only generalization that one can make is the shoes for PF are not the cheapest on the face of the earth! If your feet don't hurt in them, they are the right ones for you.
A lot of people recommend Birkenstocks. Since I broke my foot, my Arizona's have to be the most uncomfortable shoes in the closet.
Ecco, Sanita, and Anna make sandals and shoes that are worthwhile looking at to see if they will work for you. Trying shoes on in a store is truly the way to go.
It is true that both my wife and I have sore feet. We found Sanita and Anna products to help us enough that we began to sell them.

Robin B. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013951)

You might want to research the archived messages and the active ones as well -- there is a wealth of information and sharing about shoes on this board.

You will soon see -- everyone is different. Some people swear by New Balance or Rockports or Mephistos or boots. I myself am a Birkenstock lover -- I wear nothing else but Birks. There is no one right shoe that will cure PF and no one right shoe for everyone. The right shoe for YOU is the one that alleviates the pain in your feet.

The only thing that most of us can say with certainty is -- the right shoes are NOT cheap shoes. Almost any shoe that's moderately right for anyone on this board is going to come with a price tag. I guess that's the cost of trying to get better.

Jim P on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014102)

There is no one shoe that is right for everyone. The only generalization that one can make is the shoes for PF are not the cheapest on the face of the earth! If your feet don't hurt in them, they are the right ones for you.
A lot of people recommend Birkenstocks. Since I broke my foot, my Arizona's have to be the most uncomfortable shoes in the closet.
Ecco, Sanita, and Anna make sandals and shoes that are worthwhile looking at to see if they will work for you. Trying shoes on in a store is truly the way to go.
It is true that both my wife and I have sore feet. We found Sanita and Anna products to help us enough that we began to sell them.