Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Here's an old message for a Dr. in Los Gatos

Posted by BarbaraJ. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013954)

This is from a search of Active Release Therapy on this site. He is well known for this procedure.

Message # 1355

Re: Chiropractor-Active Release Therapy

Posted by Ruth Morrow on August 18, 1998 at 01:01:27:
Yes, if you can find the right chiropractor. There is a new technique called Active Release Therapy, which, as I understand it, breaks the adhesions. When I had
this therapy I had already had a cortisone shot that lasted for only 2 days, a night split that I couldn't sleep with, and 3 weeks of ultrasound 3 times a week, yet my foot
was getting worse.

When I limped into my chiropractor's office I couldn't put my foot down and was walking on my toes with one foot. I was there because I had back problems resulting
from walking funny. When I told him I had PF he said he could fix it. Desperate, I gave him my foot. Five minutes later I walked out of his office on 2 pain-free feet. It
took 3 weeks of treatment to get rid of all the adhesions. I've had set backs when I've walked too much or stood for too long, but it only takes one session to get them
right again.

This is really a new technique and there aren't that many people who know how to do it. My doc, Dr. Joseph Leahy, is located in Los Gatos, CA for those of you who
live in the Bay Area. He has a website that doesn't work very well, but I think you can e-mail him through it: http://www.chaseclinic.com

I was waiting for him to get his website working before writing this, but the subject came up....

Re: Here's an old message for a Dr. in Los Gatos

Doug P on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013962)

This guy probably knows what he is doing. Dr Mike Leahy, who I believe is his brother, practices in Colorado, and he invented ART. Leahy also has a referral service if you call his office in Colorado (719)473-7000. I called him and that's how I found someone near where I live in Chicago. Joe Leahy's number is (408)358-7900 in California, or you can go to the website mentioned above

Re: Here's an old message for a Dr. in Los Gatos

Doug P on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013962)

This guy probably knows what he is doing. Dr Mike Leahy, who I believe is his brother, practices in Colorado, and he invented ART. Leahy also has a referral service if you call his office in Colorado (719)473-7000. I called him and that's how I found someone near where I live in Chicago. Joe Leahy's number is (408)358-7900 in California, or you can go to the website mentioned above