Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Best things you can do for yourself

Posted by Robin B. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013959)

Hi Tammy. The best thing you can do for yourself is to be in charge of your own treatment. Whether you use one doctor or 10, you should be the decision-maker and a proactive one at that, not the doctors.

My best advice is -- and it's an easy thing to do while in a sitting position -- educate yourself. Read read read everything on Scott's main document, this board and archived messages. Don't rely on other people to tell you what to do -- collect information, analyze, use your own intuition and knowledge and understanding of how your body reacts to medical and alterantive treatment, and just dig in somewhere and start treatment. You will find dozens of conflicting opinions in the medical community -- and you will find quite a few here too. Since you have obviously had this condition for awhile, take another week or two and just background yourself with information galore. Then, whether you use doctors or PT's or acupuncturists, you will be the person determining what you try and what you don't.

However, almost unequivocably, folks on this board will agree -- walking it off isn't the answer. Your feet are damaged. Walking isn't going to fix them.

Unfortunately, there aren't any quick fixes for the vast majority of us. Relief and recovery is a process of trying various treatments, sometimes alone and sometimes in combination. Throughout the recovery process, whether it's four months or four years, it's critical to not give up hope and not give up your determination to heal yourself. You will find this message board a major help in that area. The people here are very understanding and supportive; they do understand the degree of pain you experience, far more than people immediately around you.

PF is a terribly tough condition, certainly unlike anything I have previously experienced. Stay connected to this board and you will get a lot of support (and info too).

Steve L. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013967)

Tammy, hit your 'back' arrow and read Robin's post again, then back up to Scott's Journal, and read that at least twice!!! Robin's advice is right on track, and Scott's main document is unparallelled by anything I've seen in years of battling the Medical Community. Best wishes, and welcome aboard.

Steve L. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013967)

Tammy, hit your 'back' arrow and read Robin's post again, then back up to Scott's Journal, and read that at least twice!!! Robin's advice is right on track, and Scott's main document is unparallelled by anything I've seen in years of battling the Medical Community. Best wishes, and welcome aboard.