Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bio-feedback therapy

Posted by Steve L. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013965)

Does anyone out there have any experience in bio-feedback therapy as an alternative to prescription drugs for pain relief? I'm running out of options and considering everything this side of the New Guinea Jungle (have you seen their Doctors?).

Re: Bio-feedback therapy

Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013969)

Dear Steve, I know nothing about biofeed-back, but I do know about humour. It is very hard to find these days, being in so much pain myself. I have been folowing your posts, and find this one very amusing. I hope you have a painless christmas, Dan.

Re: Bio-feedback therapy --no New Guinea

Nancy S on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013981)

Don't know about biofeedback for foot, but yeah, stop short of New Guinea, Steve. I HAVE seen their doctors, and their patients, in slides taken by my husband who visited the N.G. jungle last January. Doctors and patients alike are covered with arrow scars. The men wear penis gourds of all sizes (hey, if biofeedback doesn't work, try that?). Everyone goes barefoot, god forbid, at all times. All very interesting, and don't go there. The only way to get around is to WALK, and I'm forgetting how.

Re: Bio-feedback therapy

Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013969)

Dear Steve, I know nothing about biofeed-back, but I do know about humour. It is very hard to find these days, being in so much pain myself. I have been folowing your posts, and find this one very amusing. I hope you have a painless christmas, Dan.

Re: Bio-feedback therapy --no New Guinea

Nancy S on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013981)

Don't know about biofeedback for foot, but yeah, stop short of New Guinea, Steve. I HAVE seen their doctors, and their patients, in slides taken by my husband who visited the N.G. jungle last January. Doctors and patients alike are covered with arrow scars. The men wear penis gourds of all sizes (hey, if biofeedback doesn't work, try that?). Everyone goes barefoot, god forbid, at all times. All very interesting, and don't go there. The only way to get around is to WALK, and I'm forgetting how.