Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Excite Voice Chat

Posted by Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013966)

Maybe its just me, being somewhat ignorant about how computer sites are navigated, but I cant seem to get into the voice chat room. It doesnt like my birthdate! Have tried several times, filling out the information page for new members, and the web page still wont function. Just a little frustrating. Maybe someone can tell me why it is not working for me, since their 'help' is nonexistent. Why wont it take my birthdate? Geez, I was really looking forward to at least listening tonight.

Re: Excite Voice Chat

Steve L. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013968)

Can't help, Dan, but my God, How Old Are You!?!?

Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013971)

Gee Steve, you are a funny guy. Forty two years young.

Karen K on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013972)

Hi Dan. Sorry you could not join us. The birthdate thing took me 3 tries also. 1st I had to put a zero in front of my 6 (for June) 2nd I had to add a '19' in front of the '70' for my year. It was a nice chat although I am mute without a microphone and could only listen. Scott was there along with Laurie? and a gentelman from New Zeland. I wish I could have typed along with their conversation. But it's nice to be able to listen in while you're at the computer.
Try again tomorrow. Good luck!
Kar

Re: Excite Voice Chat, thanks Karen that'll do it!

Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013974)

Thanks

Scott R on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013979)

The room had at most 5 people tonight. I think the smaller number is because of the snafus in signing in. After you log in the first time, it's easy. You have to type in the name 'footpain' to find the room. Temporary rooms created like this aren't on the lists of rooms. Also, I think there is a guest log-in that doesn't require you to enter the other personal data. Yes, the birthdate requiring '19' also got me. I kind of like firetalk better for a couple of reasons, but the sound quality with excite is excellent.

Laurie R on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013982)

HI to All,I'm so sorry to hear all you guys had problems getting on to chat tonight .When I was in there I was wondering where everyone was.One good thing I got to talk to Scott for a long while,he is very interesting.Also Scott thank you so much for the down load .I hope some of you can make it tomarrow night I would love the chance to talk to you.Laurie R

Elise M. on 12/21/99 at 00:00 (013986)

Hi all,
HELP !!! I can get into the excite chat room 'footpain' but I can't get my microphone to send. Being a newbie to computers, I haven't figured out the right way to get it to work. A gentleman was nice enough to try and help me get it to send, I could hear him just fine, screen said 'microphone on' but he still couldn't hear me...any suggestions?
El.

Scott R on 12/21/99 at 00:00 (014002)

The 15 minute tape video can be viewed at

scott's tape video

This is for humor only! The pictures and comments on the main document are better. Now that I have to pay for a more expensive account, there's bandwidth to spare.

Steve L. on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013968)

Can't help, Dan, but my God, How Old Are You!?!?

Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013971)

Gee Steve, you are a funny guy. Forty two years young.

Karen K on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013972)

Hi Dan. Sorry you could not join us. The birthdate thing took me 3 tries also. 1st I had to put a zero in front of my 6 (for June) 2nd I had to add a '19' in front of the '70' for my year. It was a nice chat although I am mute without a microphone and could only listen. Scott was there along with Laurie? and a gentelman from New Zeland. I wish I could have typed along with their conversation. But it's nice to be able to listen in while you're at the computer.
Try again tomorrow. Good luck!
Kar

Re: Excite Voice Chat, thanks Karen that'll do it!

Dan W on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013974)

Thanks

Scott R on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013979)

The room had at most 5 people tonight. I think the smaller number is because of the snafus in signing in. After you log in the first time, it's easy. You have to type in the name 'footpain' to find the room. Temporary rooms created like this aren't on the lists of rooms. Also, I think there is a guest log-in that doesn't require you to enter the other personal data. Yes, the birthdate requiring '19' also got me. I kind of like firetalk better for a couple of reasons, but the sound quality with excite is excellent.

Laurie R on 12/20/99 at 00:00 (013982)

HI to All,I'm so sorry to hear all you guys had problems getting on to chat tonight .When I was in there I was wondering where everyone was.One good thing I got to talk to Scott for a long while,he is very interesting.Also Scott thank you so much for the down load .I hope some of you can make it tomarrow night I would love the chance to talk to you.Laurie R

Elise M. on 12/21/99 at 00:00 (013986)

Hi all,
HELP !!! I can get into the excite chat room 'footpain' but I can't get my microphone to send. Being a newbie to computers, I haven't figured out the right way to get it to work. A gentleman was nice enough to try and help me get it to send, I could hear him just fine, screen said 'microphone on' but he still couldn't hear me...any suggestions?
El.

Scott R on 12/21/99 at 00:00 (014002)

The 15 minute tape video can be viewed at

scott's tape video

This is for humor only! The pictures and comments on the main document are better. Now that I have to pay for a more expensive account, there's bandwidth to spare.