Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Relief from Vioxx

Posted by Kris C on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014049)

I just wanted to say I am finally getting some terrific relief from the pain of PF from an anti-inflammatory Rx called Vioxx. I have tried so many other different Rx anti-inflammatories and most of them tore up my stomach and caused so many side-effects that I was worse taking them than not. I have also been off work 11 months because of PF (I have to stand at my job of 19 years). I am looking forward to returning to work soon after trying custom orthotics (those have also helped me the most) 40 visits of Physical Therapy, night splints, a cast, cortisone injections, accupuncture, glucosimine, chrondritan, MSM, pain killers, stretching, icing, taping, etc. You name I have tried it all I think. Nothing helped until starting on this medicine Vioxx. What an amazing difference it has made for me. I just wanted to share some positive news and wish you all a Happy Holidays. I can say that this board has provided me with a wealth of information and lots of understanding people who can share my pain.
Kris

Re: Relief from Vioxx

Lee H on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014050)

Hi Kris, I, like you, have tried everything after having PF for about a year and a half. I started on Vioxx about a week ago and have found no relief at all. Did you get results from the vioxx right away or did it take a while? Does it needs to build up in your system before seeing results? My first prescription was only a ten day trial supply and I am not sure I want to refill it. I read many success stories like yours before taking it and a thought it would be a miracle drug for me. So glad it is working for you!!!

john h on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014062)

kris- what dossage are you taking?

Martha B. on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014069)

3 weeks prior to ossatron the doctor gave me my 4th anti inflam to try which was vioxx-25 mg. once daily. It started to help the pain the first day I took it.The last 3 weeks were so much better with the pain reduction.After ossatron I couldnt take any antiinflams and now fortunately I dont think I need them anymore.I had ossatron Sept. 17.Best wishes and happy holidays to you all.

Re: Relief from Vioxx to John H.

Kris C on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014073)

I am taking 25 mg in the morning. Once a day...
I started with 12.5 mg once a day then doubled it after a month. Even the 12.5 mg helped but the 25 mg is really doing the trick....
Good luck.
Kris

JudyT on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014098)

So glad to hear that Vioxx is working for you. I too have been taking this (since August) and NOTHING has helped me with the pain like Vioxx has. I have 2 perscriptions from my dr.-one is for 12.5 mg. and the other is 25 mg. I find that I alternate with these two dosages and it has truly made a difference. My pharmist has told me that so far taking Vioxx long term doesn't appear to be a problem according to the reports he has read. I went 1 wk. last month without taking this to see if I noticed a difference and did I ever!!! If I have to stay on this indefintely then so be it. If anyone out there has not tried this and has tried everything else (I have), give this stuff a try...it is a miracle drug. (no, I don't sell this...I know I sound like it though but it has helped me so much that I can't say enough about it..also no side effects!!

Lee H on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014050)

Hi Kris, I, like you, have tried everything after having PF for about a year and a half. I started on Vioxx about a week ago and have found no relief at all. Did you get results from the vioxx right away or did it take a while? Does it needs to build up in your system before seeing results? My first prescription was only a ten day trial supply and I am not sure I want to refill it. I read many success stories like yours before taking it and a thought it would be a miracle drug for me. So glad it is working for you!!!

john h on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014062)

kris- what dossage are you taking?

Martha B. on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014069)

3 weeks prior to ossatron the doctor gave me my 4th anti inflam to try which was vioxx-25 mg. once daily. It started to help the pain the first day I took it.The last 3 weeks were so much better with the pain reduction.After ossatron I couldnt take any antiinflams and now fortunately I dont think I need them anymore.I had ossatron Sept. 17.Best wishes and happy holidays to you all.

Re: Relief from Vioxx to John H.

Kris C on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014073)

I am taking 25 mg in the morning. Once a day...
I started with 12.5 mg once a day then doubled it after a month. Even the 12.5 mg helped but the 25 mg is really doing the trick....
Good luck.
Kris

JudyT on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014098)

So glad to hear that Vioxx is working for you. I too have been taking this (since August) and NOTHING has helped me with the pain like Vioxx has. I have 2 perscriptions from my dr.-one is for 12.5 mg. and the other is 25 mg. I find that I alternate with these two dosages and it has truly made a difference. My pharmist has told me that so far taking Vioxx long term doesn't appear to be a problem according to the reports he has read. I went 1 wk. last month without taking this to see if I noticed a difference and did I ever!!! If I have to stay on this indefintely then so be it. If anyone out there has not tried this and has tried everything else (I have), give this stuff a try...it is a miracle drug. (no, I don't sell this...I know I sound like it though but it has helped me so much that I can't say enough about it..also no side effects!!