Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Would like to get back to discussion on weather....people are getting kind of vicious!

Posted by AndreaB on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014081)

caryne posted about how she thinks the weather had affected her condition. I had an experience with the humididity too. I live in Seattle (of course it is cold, damp and raining all the time) and I have good days and bad days --don't know why. But two weekends ago I went to Hawaii very warm and humid air and my feet were killing me when I woke up the next morning (I usually don't have pain in a.m.)I also noticed that my feet swell on air planes and am wondering if excess fluid aggrevates the area. Anyone know?

Re: Would like to get back to discussion on weather....people are getting kind of vicious!

Elise M. on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014084)

Hello,
I too posted some comments about humidity and temperature changes having an affect on peoples bones and the like. Of course, I got put in my place...but at the risk of being called on the carpet again, I will answer your question. I am by no means an expert on the subject but I have noticed in my own case that temperature definitely has an effect on my feet. If I am outside in the cold for any length of time, my feet are worse than ever. If I submerge them in very hot water, it swells them a little, but curbs the pain. That is why I cannot use ice therapy. I would love to spend a week in Florida and see if the warmth and humidity is really the key for me. Working on air fare right now....will let you know when I get back....Feel better. Happiest of holidays....El

Re: Would like to get back to discussion on weather....people are getting kind of vicious!

PHIL L on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014097)

It seems to me that my feet do alot better in the winter than in summer,i am on concrete floors all day and seems like the cooler weather is better,i can actually do some running in the winter
months and never do it it the summer..

john h on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014104)

asided from my suspicions about weather another unusual thing is that when one foot hurts (i have bilateral pf) the other foots hurts. this does not make any medical sense to me unless there was some common nerve in the low back that could be the source of the problem.

Elise M. on 12/23/99 at 00:00 (014084)

Hello,
I too posted some comments about humidity and temperature changes having an affect on peoples bones and the like. Of course, I got put in my place...but at the risk of being called on the carpet again, I will answer your question. I am by no means an expert on the subject but I have noticed in my own case that temperature definitely has an effect on my feet. If I am outside in the cold for any length of time, my feet are worse than ever. If I submerge them in very hot water, it swells them a little, but curbs the pain. That is why I cannot use ice therapy. I would love to spend a week in Florida and see if the warmth and humidity is really the key for me. Working on air fare right now....will let you know when I get back....Feel better. Happiest of holidays....El

PHIL L on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014097)

It seems to me that my feet do alot better in the winter than in summer,i am on concrete floors all day and seems like the cooler weather is better,i can actually do some running in the winter
months and never do it it the summer..

john h on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014104)

asided from my suspicions about weather another unusual thing is that when one foot hurts (i have bilateral pf) the other foots hurts. this does not make any medical sense to me unless there was some common nerve in the low back that could be the source of the problem.