Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Structural Integration

Posted by john h on 12/24/99 at 00:00 (014103)

anyone familiar with 'structural integration'? i was watching the alternative medicine channel on tv last night and some doctor from harvard medical school was touting it. it is a hand on manipulation of fascia tissue (all over the body) to achieve help for various conditions.

Re: Structural Integration

Michele S on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014250)

Hi John,

This is the first time I'm writing on the message board! I was just reading through and saw no one had responded to your message. I believe I have heard of it. I believe I have heard it called Rolphing. If it is the same thing I know several people who have had it done (but none for PF reasons). The practitioner gets in and releases the fascia where it is stuck i.e. scar tissue and (I believe) basically rips it away from where it is stuck (the muscle I think) A very painful procedure but with many benefits. Everyone I know who has had it done says it has made a big difference in their body/posture/freedom of movement/flexibility etc and most say it was worth the pain. I myself am not too sure it would help me at this time with my PF as I'm afraid it might inflame my feet too much and set back my progress(such as it is)(I think I want to explore non painful avenues first!)

Anyway, hope this helps you out!

Irene on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014277)

Hi John,

I tried it for several weeks. Expensive, not that painful, but I didn't get any benefits footwise or otherwise.

Irene

Michele S on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014250)

Hi John,

This is the first time I'm writing on the message board! I was just reading through and saw no one had responded to your message. I believe I have heard of it. I believe I have heard it called Rolphing. If it is the same thing I know several people who have had it done (but none for PF reasons). The practitioner gets in and releases the fascia where it is stuck i.e. scar tissue and (I believe) basically rips it away from where it is stuck (the muscle I think) A very painful procedure but with many benefits. Everyone I know who has had it done says it has made a big difference in their body/posture/freedom of movement/flexibility etc and most say it was worth the pain. I myself am not too sure it would help me at this time with my PF as I'm afraid it might inflame my feet too much and set back my progress(such as it is)(I think I want to explore non painful avenues first!)

Anyway, hope this helps you out!

Irene on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014277)

Hi John,

I tried it for several weeks. Expensive, not that painful, but I didn't get any benefits footwise or otherwise.

Irene