Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scott, question about orthotics

Posted by Mary Ann S on 12/28/99 at 00:00 (014174)

You wear the Precustom orthotic? Do you think it can be worn in a regular womans shoe with good support? I have custom orthotics and can only wear them in tennis shoes. They are wide at the heel and the arch is also. I can't wear Birkenstocks, the arch is too hard and I get pain in the side of my heel. Thanks

Re: Scott, question about orthotics

Tammy M. on 12/28/99 at 00:00 (014175)

I dont really have a response to Scott. I'm new to this and just have a question to ask. I've been dealing with this for several months now. Seen a Dr. and been wearing a cast boot for over 9 weeks now. He never took me fully off my job, so I not only still have heel pain, but the tendonitis in my ankle is acting up, and now I have knee pain, which I think is from wearing that cast boot. (By the way, I'm a CNA)
I dont want the surgery which is what he wants to do, I've never been given the chance to be completely off my feet. So does anyone else have the ankle and knee pain also? Im getting really discouraged.

Scott R on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014188)

I get paid a commission for the PreCustom insert sales. They have a safe arch support because it is not too high and gives 'just right' for what I want. I wear them everyday. I used to refuse to speak too well of them because I was afraid the arch wasn't high enough and they are expensive. But after 6 months of having them, I've migrated to wearing only them (I can't even count the number of inserts people have sent me). I can't say for sure they have helped MY case anymore than wearing nothing at all, but they are one of only 2 models that don't hurt my feet. I have a high arch, so they might be ideal for people with flat feet. They have the best cushion I've seen. Overall, they look cheap to me and the package says they are meant for diabetics (other reasons I used to not be bullish on them), but hey, after I started noticing they were the only pair I liked (otherwise, I would not bother wearing inserts) I realized I should probably say something nice about them. Here's the link ($80)

PreCustom Insert

Lynn B on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014210)

Tammy, I also have knee pain. It started about 16 months after pf and the only thing I can figure out is I've altered my gait. I also have what feels like shin splints at times if I've been on my feet too long. I ice my knees when this happens. Haven't had any ankle problems.

BillC on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014230)

Are they $80 per foot or $80 per pair?

Scott R on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014233)

$80 per pair. I'd be cautious of anyone who tries to sell only 1 instead of a pair.

Helene M on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014252)

Do the PreCustom orthotics have a money-back guarantee? Knowing my track record with orthotics, I would want that before I buy. Also, I
always thought one needed a prescription to purchase orthotics. Is that true? Seems not, since they are being sold on the net.

Scott R on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014274)

I don't know if there is a return policy for the precustom insert. It's not custom made for individual feet, which is why I call it an insert instead of an orthotic. But orthotics can be bought over the internet as seen on the products page.

Tammy M. on 12/28/99 at 00:00 (014175)

I dont really have a response to Scott. I'm new to this and just have a question to ask. I've been dealing with this for several months now. Seen a Dr. and been wearing a cast boot for over 9 weeks now. He never took me fully off my job, so I not only still have heel pain, but the tendonitis in my ankle is acting up, and now I have knee pain, which I think is from wearing that cast boot. (By the way, I'm a CNA)
I dont want the surgery which is what he wants to do, I've never been given the chance to be completely off my feet. So does anyone else have the ankle and knee pain also? Im getting really discouraged.

Scott R on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014188)

I get paid a commission for the PreCustom insert sales. They have a safe arch support because it is not too high and gives 'just right' for what I want. I wear them everyday. I used to refuse to speak too well of them because I was afraid the arch wasn't high enough and they are expensive. But after 6 months of having them, I've migrated to wearing only them (I can't even count the number of inserts people have sent me). I can't say for sure they have helped MY case anymore than wearing nothing at all, but they are one of only 2 models that don't hurt my feet. I have a high arch, so they might be ideal for people with flat feet. They have the best cushion I've seen. Overall, they look cheap to me and the package says they are meant for diabetics (other reasons I used to not be bullish on them), but hey, after I started noticing they were the only pair I liked (otherwise, I would not bother wearing inserts) I realized I should probably say something nice about them. Here's the link ($80)

PreCustom Insert

Lynn B on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014210)

Tammy, I also have knee pain. It started about 16 months after pf and the only thing I can figure out is I've altered my gait. I also have what feels like shin splints at times if I've been on my feet too long. I ice my knees when this happens. Haven't had any ankle problems.

BillC on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014230)

Are they $80 per foot or $80 per pair?

Scott R on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014233)

$80 per pair. I'd be cautious of anyone who tries to sell only 1 instead of a pair.

Helene M on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014252)

Do the PreCustom orthotics have a money-back guarantee? Knowing my track record with orthotics, I would want that before I buy. Also, I
always thought one needed a prescription to purchase orthotics. Is that true? Seems not, since they are being sold on the net.

Scott R on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014274)

I don't know if there is a return policy for the precustom insert. It's not custom made for individual feet, which is why I call it an insert instead of an orthotic. But orthotics can be bought over the internet as seen on the products page.