Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re Alan and Robin

Posted by Marti C on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014183)

Hi Alan,
I have TTS, along with PF.I have a recumbent bike that I try to use.
When I first started using it, I could only do about 20mins.then my feet would go completely numb. I believe this was from the TTS and wrong positioning of my feet. I can now go as long as forty mins. I dont have pain, when Im using the bike, but as soon as the tingling or numbness starts I stop. It is the only time I use my orthotics along with a running shoe.
Thanks Robin, for the info. about the knees. Ive had alot of pain with them recently, could be the bike Im using.
Like, Robin I prefer to walk or kick-box, thats what I used to do. I hate using the bike, its boring.Iam thankful I can at least do that.
Hope, this helps. Good luck!

Re: Re Alan and Robin

alan k on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014191)

how do you position your feet correctly then?

thanks for the post. Anything else help you especially with tts?

alan k

Marti C on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014205)

alan,
Hi, Iused to bike more with my toes, thinking I wouldnt cause any more damage to my heels.That caused too many problems with my TTS. I use the ball of my foot, dont know if its right for everyone, but that is how I have to do it. I origanlly purchased the recumbent bike because, I also have two ruptured disc, in my lower back.The bike has been great from that stand point. It may not be what is causing my knee problems, my body is just falling apart!ha.Good Luck!!!!

alan k on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014191)

how do you position your feet correctly then?

thanks for the post. Anything else help you especially with tts?

alan k

Marti C on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014205)

alan,
Hi, Iused to bike more with my toes, thinking I wouldnt cause any more damage to my heels.That caused too many problems with my TTS. I use the ball of my foot, dont know if its right for everyone, but that is how I have to do it. I origanlly purchased the recumbent bike because, I also have two ruptured disc, in my lower back.The bike has been great from that stand point. It may not be what is causing my knee problems, my body is just falling apart!ha.Good Luck!!!!