Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Exercise bike makes my feet and legs tingle

Posted by Sue B. on 12/29/99 at 00:00 (014216)

After I ride an exercise bike, my feet and legs tingle for quite a while afterwards so I stopped riding one. However, after reading the posts, maybe it's because I wasn't wearing enough support on my feet and pushing with the ball of my feet--but the tingling makes me think that I shouldn't do it. It can't be doing my feet any good if it makes them tingle.

Re: Exercise bike makes my feet and legs tingle

alan k on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014220)

Are you diagnosed with tts? that seems like a tts thing.

I too get a tingle but I am in need of exersize and I'm trying to negotiate this. I think atrophy can be a long term problem with this malady, and may make things worse.

Anyway, at least do towel curls and toe crunches to keep off the atrophy...

alan k

Sue B. on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014264)

Alan--I had thought that I might have tts, but I did have a NCS and EMG about a year ago and the doc said that I definitely did not have tts--he seemed pretty sure. I was just posting so that people would be careful on the exercise bike and wear shoes and I guess it's important not to use the ball of your foot.

alan k on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014268)

thanks, its an important warning. Still, I wonder what the tingling was then?

Anyway, I think my expensive bike has got to go.

I was under the impression tha those studies are not the last word on the subject, plus the tingling. Do you have a tinnels sign?

thanks, alan k

alan k on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014220)

Are you diagnosed with tts? that seems like a tts thing.

I too get a tingle but I am in need of exersize and I'm trying to negotiate this. I think atrophy can be a long term problem with this malady, and may make things worse.

Anyway, at least do towel curls and toe crunches to keep off the atrophy...

alan k

Sue B. on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014264)

Alan--I had thought that I might have tts, but I did have a NCS and EMG about a year ago and the doc said that I definitely did not have tts--he seemed pretty sure. I was just posting so that people would be careful on the exercise bike and wear shoes and I guess it's important not to use the ball of your foot.

alan k on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014268)

thanks, its an important warning. Still, I wonder what the tingling was then?

Anyway, I think my expensive bike has got to go.

I was under the impression tha those studies are not the last word on the subject, plus the tingling. Do you have a tinnels sign?

thanks, alan k