Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is sharp, shooting pain part of this PF monster?

Posted by Elise M. on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014219)

Hello all,
Does anyone else besides myself get these horrific sharp shooting pains that feel like someone is picking deep inside the heel with an icepick? I can be sitting down, watching tv and all of a sudden, OUCH,OUCH, OUCH. My family looks at me like I've really gone off the deep end. Sometimes, I think those 'picks' are my conscience telling me I should get up and do something. That first step reminds me of why I shouldn't. Anyone else having this same thing? Any replies would be appreciated. El.

Re: Is sharp, shooting pain part of this PF monster?

melody on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014228)

Oh yes......I have those too! And oh boy are they getting on my nerves! Also get a really horrible burning sensation in my ankle...really puts me off trying to walk at all!!

Mel

alan k on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014232)

burning sensation in the ankle is a godd reason to look into tarsal tunnel syndrome

melody on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014235)

Hang on there!!! One thing at a time please!!!!!

I thought that was all connected to the PF. I will have another chat to my Gp. Thanks Alan.

Mel

Laurie R on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014251)

Hi Elise,Yes I have always gotten thoes shooting pains ever sence this has started,the plantar fasciitis.My podiatrist told me it is a entrapped nerve.We were just talking about this at my last app,this week.It hurts so bad when it happens I could be just sitting and it happens.Also Alan I asked my podiatrist this week again about TTS and he said no that is still the entrapped nerve,he did tell me what nerve it was.Laurie R

Steve L on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014254)

Elise, you're not alone, my wife & kids freak every time I yelp, too!

alan k on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014259)

I never did get it straight what your podiatrist means by an entrapped nerve. I thought tts was an entrapped nerve. I suppose, though, that there are many places to get entrapped, and I probably have all of them.

melody on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014228)

Oh yes......I have those too! And oh boy are they getting on my nerves! Also get a really horrible burning sensation in my ankle...really puts me off trying to walk at all!!

Mel

alan k on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014232)

burning sensation in the ankle is a godd reason to look into tarsal tunnel syndrome

melody on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014235)

Hang on there!!! One thing at a time please!!!!!

I thought that was all connected to the PF. I will have another chat to my Gp. Thanks Alan.

Mel

Laurie R on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014251)

Hi Elise,Yes I have always gotten thoes shooting pains ever sence this has started,the plantar fasciitis.My podiatrist told me it is a entrapped nerve.We were just talking about this at my last app,this week.It hurts so bad when it happens I could be just sitting and it happens.Also Alan I asked my podiatrist this week again about TTS and he said no that is still the entrapped nerve,he did tell me what nerve it was.Laurie R

Steve L on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014254)

Elise, you're not alone, my wife & kids freak every time I yelp, too!

alan k on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014259)

I never did get it straight what your podiatrist means by an entrapped nerve. I thought tts was an entrapped nerve. I suppose, though, that there are many places to get entrapped, and I probably have all of them.