Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Butt-ugly shoes

Posted by wendyn on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014223)

Steve, I can sympathize with your ugly shoes. I wear my ugly (and I mean UGLY) Birkenstocks with everything including business suits/skirts. I'm tired of the comments that I'm awfully brave to wear sandals in December, and sick of having people ask me if I'm headed to the beach. I really need the extra padding from socks - so I often wear a skirt, nylons, ankle socks and my Birks. Isn't that a pretty picture?

I told my doctor that I would be willing to wear maxi-pads or bannana peels on my feet if someone told me it would help with the pain....

Bottom line? You do what you have to do...but if it helps, it will be well worth it!!!

Re: Butt-ugly shoes--Wendy you crack me up!

AndreaB on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014225)

I just had to say that whenever I see your name posted I read what you have to say. Nine times out of ten it is because your posts are so funny (not to mention that I know you've been through it all!)

Maxi pads and banana peels? I am still laughing.

Re: Butt-ugly shoes

Nancy S on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014227)

Wendy, see my post on this to Elise. I bet you look gorgeous in your PF fashionwear, and I mean it!
Nancy S

Nancy T. on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014262)

Hey Wendy....how about the lovely picture created first thing in the morning with your nightgown on and black birkenstocks? I laugh at myself constantly......Happy New Year!

Re: Butt-ugly shoes--Wendy you crack me up!

AndreaB on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014225)

I just had to say that whenever I see your name posted I read what you have to say. Nine times out of ten it is because your posts are so funny (not to mention that I know you've been through it all!)

Maxi pads and banana peels? I am still laughing.

Nancy S on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014227)

Wendy, see my post on this to Elise. I bet you look gorgeous in your PF fashionwear, and I mean it!
Nancy S

Nancy T. on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014262)

Hey Wendy....how about the lovely picture created first thing in the morning with your nightgown on and black birkenstocks? I laugh at myself constantly......Happy New Year!