Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SDO orthotics

Posted by Karen K on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014239)

Hi All,
I just received my silicone dynamic orthotics today from Dr. Kipper.
I expected inserts with an arch pouch full of silcone. But they are actually flat, like shoe-shaped waterbeds for your feet. I'll wear them for a while and report back as to weather or not they help.
Happy New Year!

Re: SDO orthotics

rekha.s on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014247)

I also received these inserts two months ago. I didn't have any success with them, but then again I didnt't give it enough time. I had to get in a cast so I will decide in a month if I want to keep them or not. e-mail me if you want to know more.

john a on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014547)

I was also interested in these, but am now having doubts. Are they really actually flat? Does the density or viscosity of the silicone seem to vary over the surface of the insert? If the answers to these questions are yes and no, respectively, I am wondering what is the point of sending in a mold of your foot.

rekha.s on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014247)

I also received these inserts two months ago. I didn't have any success with them, but then again I didnt't give it enough time. I had to get in a cast so I will decide in a month if I want to keep them or not. e-mail me if you want to know more.

john a on 1/10/00 at 00:00 (014547)

I was also interested in these, but am now having doubts. Are they really actually flat? Does the density or viscosity of the silicone seem to vary over the surface of the insert? If the answers to these questions are yes and no, respectively, I am wondering what is the point of sending in a mold of your foot.