Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Glucosamine

Posted by Erik G on 12/30/99 at 00:00 (014261)

Greetings; I recently started on a course of glucosamine and chondrotin for another condition but someone mentioned recently that it may have some benefit for PF and chronic tendonitis. Have any of you had any experiences with it? I have read through a number of the achived posting and had no idea that there were some many fellow suffers. Cheers, Erik

Re: Glucosamine

Elise M. on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014266)

Hi Erik,
I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin now for the last three years. I started taking it when I started lifting weights back in 97. I continued taking it when I had rotator cuff surgery done and I believe it had a great deal to do with a shortened recovery time and remarkable healing. The effects do make themselves obvious if you stop taking it after having been on it for a while, at least that's been my experience. Good luck with it, feel better....El.

Marti C on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014280)

Elise, Im thinking about taking this. How much do you take? Thanks!

Elise M. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014284)

Dear Marti,
I recently found a double strength GC preparation. It has 500 mg of Glucosamine and 400 mg of Chondroitin. It has varied weight indications (ie. if you weigh more than _ _ _ then take x number of capsules per day) Anything is worth trying. These can get expensive, but no more or less so than anything else we've tried in here. Good luck, feel better. Keep in touch...........El.

Elise M. on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014266)

Hi Erik,
I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin now for the last three years. I started taking it when I started lifting weights back in 97. I continued taking it when I had rotator cuff surgery done and I believe it had a great deal to do with a shortened recovery time and remarkable healing. The effects do make themselves obvious if you stop taking it after having been on it for a while, at least that's been my experience. Good luck with it, feel better....El.

Marti C on 12/31/99 at 00:00 (014280)

Elise, Im thinking about taking this. How much do you take? Thanks!

Elise M. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014284)

Dear Marti,
I recently found a double strength GC preparation. It has 500 mg of Glucosamine and 400 mg of Chondroitin. It has varied weight indications (ie. if you weigh more than _ _ _ then take x number of capsules per day) Anything is worth trying. These can get expensive, but no more or less so than anything else we've tried in here. Good luck, feel better. Keep in touch...........El.