Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Alan Is Right -- why now indeed!!

Posted by Nancy S. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014300)

Tammy, I don't want to sound too harsh about your doctor, since I don't know him, BUT from everything you've said I don't think you have a winner there! 'Calves too short' --that's a new one on me, and sounds like he's really grasping at straws (maybe even hallucinating, sure sounds like it). Many doctors are too eager to cut, and he may be one of them. (Someone on this board posted a while ago that her own orthopedic surgeon told her, 'Don't ever ever let anyone cut your feet.' What kind of doctor are you seeing, anyway? (ortho surgeon? podiatrist? other?)
Hey, don't you give a second thought about 'boring' details. They're not boring to those of us who understand, and the more detail the better -- we can help each other better the more we reveal and learn about this problem. So, as I asked above, what kind of doctor are you seeing? and can you fire him?
What do others on the board think about Tammy M's doctor, based on her 4 or so messages posted so far?
-- Nancy S.

Re: Alan Is Right -- why now indeed!!

Tammy M. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014307)

My Dr. is an Ortho-doctor. Yes, I can get another Dr. and I plan to. Mine is considered as a Occupational Disease and its Work Comp.
Not that that came easily either, had to see a Dr. of their choice also, and I was lucky that he confirmed that is was work related. People have a hard time beleiving that your feet really can hurt this bad, I guess, or that your job could cause it. Im very interested in different shoes (Birkenstocks?) And aslo diet changes and supplements.
Besides this message board, how do you learn this other stuff?

Re: Alan Is Right -- why now indeed!!Tammy M

Laurie R on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014312)

Hi Tammy , I am also on workmans comp for this pf.I have been off work now for 3 months.You can see a podiatrist.I think with workmans comp you have to see their doctor for the first month then after that you can pick other one.Call your workmans comp person and ask.Are you in PT yet?Let us know what happen to you.How did you get Plantar Fasciitis? Take care Laurie R

Re: Alan Is Right -- why now indeed!!

Tammy M. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014307)

My Dr. is an Ortho-doctor. Yes, I can get another Dr. and I plan to. Mine is considered as a Occupational Disease and its Work Comp.
Not that that came easily either, had to see a Dr. of their choice also, and I was lucky that he confirmed that is was work related. People have a hard time beleiving that your feet really can hurt this bad, I guess, or that your job could cause it. Im very interested in different shoes (Birkenstocks?) And aslo diet changes and supplements.
Besides this message board, how do you learn this other stuff?

Re: Alan Is Right -- why now indeed!!Tammy M

Laurie R on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014312)

Hi Tammy , I am also on workmans comp for this pf.I have been off work now for 3 months.You can see a podiatrist.I think with workmans comp you have to see their doctor for the first month then after that you can pick other one.Call your workmans comp person and ask.Are you in PT yet?Let us know what happen to you.How did you get Plantar Fasciitis? Take care Laurie R