Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Nicole -- yeast overgrowth symptoms

Posted by Nancy S. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014303)

Hi Nicole -- The symptoms are very numerous, and my understanding is that you should be concerned only if you have more than a few of them and other causes have been ruled out. I've researched this a lot on the web in the past few days, and just to give you a sample of symptoms:

lack of concentration; drowsiness; gas; heartburn; dry mouth; poor memory; chronic fatigue; white coated tongue; depression; anxiety; sore throat; post-nasal drip; rashes; headache; psoriasis; athlete's foot; vaginal yeast infection; muscle aches; joint aches . . .
there are many more.

One web site has a questionnaire/test that I took (it was developed by a Dr. William Crook). A test like this probably can't be ranked as highly scientific; nevertheless, it is detailed and I think can give you a meaningful idea of whether you may have this condition. (The point scale topped at 180 (any score over 180 means yeast overgrowth is 'almost certainly present'); I scored a whopping 183.)

You can take this test just by answering questions (by listing numbers/points) on a piece of paper in front of you
Don't have the address, but I reached the site by using my general search mechanism. Type 'Managing Candida Albican Overgrowth' and you should find it. (It's by Peggy Jacobson, C.H., C.N.). I don't recommend her diet guidelines, tho -- they are far looser than just about every other site on candida that I checked. There are many thousands of sites on this condition. I found them by general search under things like: diet for candida; candida symptoms; candida; yeast-killing diet; etc.

I'd be interested to know how this turns out for you, if you take the test. I'm on my fourth day on a strict yeast-killing diet (usually has to be this strict for only 1 or 2 weeks, so don't be daunted), and I think it's the best thing I've done for myself in a very long time. Keep me posted --
Nancy S.