Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Answer to Alan's question

Posted by Sue B. on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014306)

Alan asked if I had a tinel's sign. Last January I was having pain up the inside of left leg from my ankle-- I went to an orthopedic doctor who banged on the inside of my left ankle--I did feel some tingling and he told me I had tts. So then I went back to my HMO and insisted on a NCS/EMG. The doc who did the NCS/EMG told me that he saw no signs of tts.

However, I was still having quite a bit of pain up the inside of my left leg, so I went to see Dr. Leahy (chiropractor) in Los Gatos. He told me that the pain up the inside of my leg was muscle pain from over pronation. He said to wear orthotics and to rub the inside of my leg. The pain went away in a few days and I only get it back when I don't wear my orthotics. However, I still have lots of other foot pains--but at least that one up the inside of my leg is gone so I guess I don't have tts--at least not yet.

That's the long answer to your question--but it shows that the doctors are pretty uncertain about what is going on in our feet. One said yes, two said no to tts.