Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does anyone know of a book?????

Posted by Marti C on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014313)

Im looking for a book I can purchase, about the low carb diet, the yeast killing diet etc.The no rice,no pasta etc. Alot have talked about these things and I dont have alot of time at the computer, so if anyone knows of a book or books, please let me know. Thanks!!!!!!

Re: Does anyone want to talk about this ???????reply to Lee H.

Laurie R on 11/12/99 at 00:00 (012569)

Hi Lee, Thank you for your reply .When I read it it was like I wrote it.You truly do understand.I went shopping today for a little bit Oh my god I am in so much pain , even more so then in the morrning.I have had this for 5 months now and I have been off work for 7 weeks now and I am no better I also have been going to Physical therapy that seems to help a little when they tape my foot but when the tape comes off I am back to square one.Nothing takes the pain away......

Lee H on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012588)

Hi Laurie, About 20 minutes of shopping is about all I can take, maybe 30 on a good day. I have had Pf for about 14 months now. I did what many others did and ignored the symptoms until I was in agony with it. I have also done extensive physical therapy with no relief. I have a appointment on Monday with a orthopedic foot surgeon. This will be doctor #4. I guess I still hope one of these Dr's will have a miracle cure. Are you on your feet all day at work? Good luck to you. Lee H

Laurie R on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012596)

Hi Lee R, I work as a bartender at night I have been doing this for 16 years 8 to 10 hours a night with no breaks.I have been off work for 7 weeks now and I went to the Podiatrist 3 days ago and he put me off for other 3 weeks.I know when the time comes after the 3 weeks I still won't be resdy to go back to work....Please let me know what happens at your app.on monday.thanks Lee talk to you soon.....

Re: Does anyone know of a book?????

alan k on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014315)

Despite the time it takes, I would recommend doing a search on this site because it includes postings on diet by successful, semi-successful, and semi-semi-successful (like me) pf dieters who lost pain on the diet. That you can't find anywhere else. You can browse by skipping the short posts and the argmuments.

But you should still get some books.I know a couple semi-useful ones.

the yeast connection, crook (a little dated, very practical, a little cartoony)

the candida control cookbook Gail Burton (excellent, comprehensive taboo and permission chart at beginning of book, the rest recipes)

the best-selling atkins diet book has a short section on candida dieting

And a post down on the page (a recent post down a few chains recommended a book very highly-- sounds like it would be the best)

good luck, alan k

Re: Does anyone know of a book -- And Question for Melody, Alan, Jennh, and ???

Nancy S. on 1/02/00 at 00:00 (014316)

Hi Marti -- So far I have not gotten a book, but the one mentioned below ('The Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook,' by Jeanne Marie Martin) sounds good and I'm going to buy it when I next leave the homestead, which I do only every few days right now. As Alan says, a search through this message board would be very helpful -- that's what I've done in the meantime, and it, along with other sites I found on the web doing general searches, has given me an immense amount of information -- enough to start the yeast-killing diet, which is going well so far (only 5 days). Good luck! Well worth looking into (also see my post yesterday to Nicole).
Question for those who have experience with yeast killing: For the first few days I seemed to notice only good effects from the diet. However, last night and this morning I am experiencing a major mucus event -- I woke up today by sneezing 9 times in a row, a first in my life, and stuff -- how can I put it -- pretty much pouring out of me. The kleenex box goes everywhere with me, literally from room to room. (Beyond this, I will spare you the detaials.) Until I get that book, would you happen to have an idea if this is part of the die-off effect? Over Christmas I started to feel I was getting a cold, but then it died down and went nowhere, and now Bam, on day 5 of the diet, I'm drowning. I can certainly live with it and am not complaining, but just wonder if this is part of the process. Searches on other web sites gave me no specifics on the die-off effect. Thanks.
Nancy S.

melody on 1/02/00 at 00:00 (014318)

My experience was horrific!!! I remember thinking that I was going to die and after a friend bisited she went home thinking the same thing. My symptoms were not sneezing or cold like though. I did only feel like it for about a week and then suddenly I felt completely better. (I had been ill for almost seven months). My 'cure' came very suddenly - but as I said it was not for PF so my experience is probably very different to yours.

If it is a cold it will probably take a few days if not a week to get better. I woke up one day feeling completely better.

Hope this helps a bit

Mel

Re: Does anyone have personal experience with the Personal Foot Trainer?

Kim B. on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016166)

I would love to know more about this product from someone who has experience, good or bad with the product. Does it indeed eliminate PF? Thanks for any input you may have.

Thanks Kim B.

mike W on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016194)

Hi Kim,

There has been 1 post by Tom C 2/17/00.

Mike W

Laurie R on 11/12/99 at 00:00 (012569)

Hi Lee, Thank you for your reply .When I read it it was like I wrote it.You truly do understand.I went shopping today for a little bit Oh my god I am in so much pain , even more so then in the morrning.I have had this for 5 months now and I have been off work for 7 weeks now and I am no better I also have been going to Physical therapy that seems to help a little when they tape my foot but when the tape comes off I am back to square one.Nothing takes the pain away......

Lee H on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012588)

Hi Laurie, About 20 minutes of shopping is about all I can take, maybe 30 on a good day. I have had Pf for about 14 months now. I did what many others did and ignored the symptoms until I was in agony with it. I have also done extensive physical therapy with no relief. I have a appointment on Monday with a orthopedic foot surgeon. This will be doctor #4. I guess I still hope one of these Dr's will have a miracle cure. Are you on your feet all day at work? Good luck to you. Lee H

Laurie R on 11/13/99 at 00:00 (012596)

Hi Lee R, I work as a bartender at night I have been doing this for 16 years 8 to 10 hours a night with no breaks.I have been off work for 7 weeks now and I went to the Podiatrist 3 days ago and he put me off for other 3 weeks.I know when the time comes after the 3 weeks I still won't be resdy to go back to work....Please let me know what happens at your app.on monday.thanks Lee talk to you soon.....

Re: Does anyone know of a book?????

alan k on 1/01/00 at 00:00 (014315)

Despite the time it takes, I would recommend doing a search on this site because it includes postings on diet by successful, semi-successful, and semi-semi-successful (like me) pf dieters who lost pain on the diet. That you can't find anywhere else. You can browse by skipping the short posts and the argmuments.

But you should still get some books.I know a couple semi-useful ones.

the yeast connection, crook (a little dated, very practical, a little cartoony)

the candida control cookbook Gail Burton (excellent, comprehensive taboo and permission chart at beginning of book, the rest recipes)

the best-selling atkins diet book has a short section on candida dieting

And a post down on the page (a recent post down a few chains recommended a book very highly-- sounds like it would be the best)

good luck, alan k

Nancy S. on 1/02/00 at 00:00 (014316)

Hi Marti -- So far I have not gotten a book, but the one mentioned below ('The Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook,' by Jeanne Marie Martin) sounds good and I'm going to buy it when I next leave the homestead, which I do only every few days right now. As Alan says, a search through this message board would be very helpful -- that's what I've done in the meantime, and it, along with other sites I found on the web doing general searches, has given me an immense amount of information -- enough to start the yeast-killing diet, which is going well so far (only 5 days). Good luck! Well worth looking into (also see my post yesterday to Nicole).
Question for those who have experience with yeast killing: For the first few days I seemed to notice only good effects from the diet. However, last night and this morning I am experiencing a major mucus event -- I woke up today by sneezing 9 times in a row, a first in my life, and stuff -- how can I put it -- pretty much pouring out of me. The kleenex box goes everywhere with me, literally from room to room. (Beyond this, I will spare you the detaials.) Until I get that book, would you happen to have an idea if this is part of the die-off effect? Over Christmas I started to feel I was getting a cold, but then it died down and went nowhere, and now Bam, on day 5 of the diet, I'm drowning. I can certainly live with it and am not complaining, but just wonder if this is part of the process. Searches on other web sites gave me no specifics on the die-off effect. Thanks.
Nancy S.

melody on 1/02/00 at 00:00 (014318)

My experience was horrific!!! I remember thinking that I was going to die and after a friend bisited she went home thinking the same thing. My symptoms were not sneezing or cold like though. I did only feel like it for about a week and then suddenly I felt completely better. (I had been ill for almost seven months). My 'cure' came very suddenly - but as I said it was not for PF so my experience is probably very different to yours.

If it is a cold it will probably take a few days if not a week to get better. I woke up one day feeling completely better.

Hope this helps a bit

Mel

Kim B. on 2/21/00 at 00:00 (016166)

I would love to know more about this product from someone who has experience, good or bad with the product. Does it indeed eliminate PF? Thanks for any input you may have.

Thanks Kim B.

mike W on 2/22/00 at 00:00 (016194)

Hi Kim,

There has been 1 post by Tom C 2/17/00.

Mike W